Here are the India Business News Headlines 10th November 2017:
- State-run Energy Efficiency Services is firming up a £100 million investment plan for buying a combined heat and power utility in UK as also investing in firms setting up fast-charging electric vehicle infrastructure and large battery storage in Canada.
- Wipro Consumer Care has agreed to invest an undisclosed amount in Happily Unmarried Marketing, which sells a portfolio of men’s and women’s grooming products under the brands Ustraa and Happily Unmarried.
- Qubole, a Big data and analytics start-up, has raised $25 million in a strategic investment jointly led by Singtel Innov8 and Harmony Partners to expand in Asia-Pacific region. Company’s existing investors have also infused more funds. The total capital raised by the company is now around $75 million. Headquartered in Santa Clara, Qubole has offices in Bengaluru and Singaporem and provides enterprises a Saas platform to analyze their data stored on cloud servers.
- TeleTech Holdings is acquiring a majority stake in Motif Inc., a digital trust and safety services company based in Ahmedabad and Philippines for an undisclosed amount. However, the deal is estimated to be around $75-100 million. Motif caters to online brands in travel, retail and e-commerce across the globe and provides omnichannel services via voice, email chat and community moderation. TeleTech provides customer experience, engagement and growth solutions through its proprietary end-to-end Humanify Customer Engagement and helps its clients acquire, retain and grow profitable customer relationships.
- Kolkata-based Kanoria Foundation’s Shristi Hotel is looking to buy business hotels and resorts in Mumbai, Chennai and Bengaluru. The company has ear marked Rs.1,500 crore to acquire business hotels and resorts.
- Kissht, a Digital lending platform has raised $10 million. Kissht is a consumer credit start-up that allows consumers to pay for their online orders in monthly installments, without the need for a credit card. The funds will be used to expand its reach among more offline and online merchants, enhance its data science capabilities and venture into additional product categories.
- Flipkart is launching a new smartphone under its Billion brand, called Billion Capture+, on 15th November. This is the first major initiative by Sachin Bansal since he stepped aside as CEO in January 2016.
- Google is in talks with Just Dial to acquire its business. They had entered into exclusive talks about two months ago.
- Hitachi has introduced Hitachi Vantara to offer data-driven solutions for industrial enterprises in India, which would be a combination of operations of Hitachi Data Systems, Hitachi Insight Group, and Pentaho to help enterprises achieve tangible outcomes using data.
- Reliance Jio has added 4.09m customers in August. This has taken company’s market share to over 11%.
- Malls in India are now adding a new clause in fresh contracts that would prevent retailers from advertising their online presence in their offline stores. This has been result of Zara announcing and advertising their online presence in their stores in Malls.
- Times Internet has entered into an agreement with Truecaller to make signups and phone number verification easy to make its customers experience seemless on its websites.
*News as published in Business Standard, Live Mint and Economic Times.