Here are the India Business News Headlines 4th December 2017:
- DLF Ltd. will raise around Rs.8,250 crore and Rs.3,000 crore, respectively through issuance of CCDs and warrants to promoters. The funds will be majorly used to reduce DLF’s debt, which is Rs.26,799 crore as of 30 September.
- Paytm is planning to invest up to $2.5 billion within the next 3-5 years to gain advantage of over its rivals Flipkart and Amazon.
- Graphic India, which creates comic characters and stories for digital and mobile platforms, has raised $5 million. The funds will be used to to launch its animated characters in international markets as also expand into the TV/film distribution and virtual reality content.
- Mukesh Ambani has signaled start of the next investment cycle, which may see the group investing into agriculture, education and healthcare. In its last cycle, the group invested $60 billion in India.
- Infosys Chairman Nandan Nilekani will oversee a smoother transition to CEO-designate Salil S Parekh. Nilekani, who returned to Infosys after Vishal Sikka’s exit had earlier indicated that the centre of gravity would shift to Bengaluru.
- Paytm Payments Bank has rolled out Paytm FASTag to make payment of tolls at highway booths smoother. This would enable electronic toll-fee collection on highways across the country. Apart from offering convenience to commuters, the move will also improve transparency and overall efficiency of the country’s toll network.
- As per a report by CII-BCG, Indian media and entertainment industry would nearly double 2022. The industry would also be able to generate direct and indirect employment of around four million people in the next four to five years.
- Google has selected four startup companies for mentorship program – Accelerator. The shortlisted companies – BabyChakra, m.Paani, NIRAMAI and SocialCops will join the group of startups from all over the world at Google Developers Launchpad space in San Francisco.