10 best places to visit in August in India – August is one of the best months of the year; the weather in northern parts of India gets pleasant after the monsoon outpour. It is a goodtime to visit places because you find fewer crowds at the holiday destinations and it also suits your pocket. So if you are one of those who is looking forward to visit places in the month of august, we have 10 best places to visit in August in India for you:
- Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu: It is situated at the southernmost part of India, covered by sea from three sides. It has a pleasant weather throughout the year, but visiting it during August can be one of the most ecstatic experiences as monsoon hits first there in India.
- Coorg, Karnataka: It is called the Scotland of India, this title explains it all. If you are seeking some adventure with solitude, this place is for you with scenic hills and some water sports.
- Pondicherry: Once a French colony with few other countries ruling it, Pondicherry has a foreign architectural influence that offers you a majestic blend of history with contemporary.
- Kumarakom, Kerala: The backwaters of Kerala is a must visit for a nature enthusiast. Include in your itinerary a house boat stay.
- Goa: If you are looking for a seaside place to relax and cherish the rains on the sandy beaches, Goa is the place for you to visit in August.
- Panchgani, Maharashtra: Visiting Panchgani after the monsoons is one of the best times to visit it; the mesmerizing lush green hills with clouds around are so ecstatic.
- Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh: The temple depicts the rich architectural heritage of the country with its meticulous erotic carvings. It is a must visit for every Indian.
- Mount Abu, Rajasthan: Even though it is in Rajasthan, it is no less than any of those famous hill stations, with lakes, hills and temples; it will leave you spellbound by the end of it.
- Valley of flowers, Uttarakhand: It is open for public to visit from June to September, so make use of the time in August and indulge in the first bloom of flowers after the rains. The sheer sight of hundreds of varieties of flowers will take your breath away.
- Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya: If the idea of lots of rains, greenery and some hot tea indoors makes you feel butterflies in your stomach, then Cherrapunjee is the place to try some exotic tea flavors and experience tranquility in the nature.
These 10 best places to visit in August in India will help you plan your vacation, and experience the best of all the places.