Kishore Kumar was born on 4th August 1929 and has given over four decades to Indian Cinema by contributing as a playback singer, actor, lyricist, composer, producer, director, and screenwriter.
Today on his birthday we are here with few lesser known facts, that you won’t like to miss:
- Kishore Kumar was born as Abhas Kumar Ganguly and later changed the name to Kishore Kumar to start his cinematic career.
- Kishore Kumar had no formal training in singing.
- He was apparently banned from AIR and Vivid Bharti during 1975-77emergency because he refused to endorse Indira Gandhi’s 20 point programme.
- To keep unwanted visitors and media away, He used to set up his living room in a horrific way. He had put Skulls and bones with red lights in the Living room.
- There was a “Beware of Kishore” signboard on his Warden Road Flat.
- For his contribution in Indian Cinema, Maharashtra Government Initiated with Kishore Kumar Awards.
- He had won 8 Filmfare awards as the best playback singer in his career.
- He sang in many languages such as: Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Bhojpuri, Malayalam, Oriya and Kannada.
- The Rajesh Khanna star film, Anand, was initially offered to Kishore Kumar.
- He was such a troublemaker that a filmmaker once had to go to court to get a verdict that singer have to follow the director’s order.\