6 main reasons for Congress defeat – In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, the Modi government has once again returned to power after a thunderous win.
There was a time when the Congress party ruled the nation for 10 years continuously. But in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, BJP achieved an absolute win with 282 seats out of 543. Now, in the Lok Sabha elections 2019, the Congress party lost again. Bad luck of Congress or Modi wave, the results is the loss of Congress party. So much so that even the President of Congress party, Rahul Gandhi, also lost to Smriti Irani from Amethi constituency, which has been the home turf of the Congress for a very long time.
As we see it, these are the 6 main reasons for Congress defeat:
- Bhartiya Janata Party used social media during the campaign of the Lok Sabha elections. BJP reportedly spent more than Rupees 25 crores on their social media campaigns during the elections while the Congress is reported to have spent only 2 crore rupees.
- After the announcement of the election date, BJP promptly declared the name of their candidates and the candidates started their election campaign. But the Congress party announced the names of many of their candidates at the last time. This left, a lot of candidates with a lack of direction. Last minute name announcements also led to panic and unrest among the candidates.
- BJP has a strong organization like RSS that works at the ground level. And because of RSS, BJP has been raising and working on public issues. The party stayed connected with the people throughout these five years. Such ground level support and work were missing in the Congress party and hence came the defeat.
- The Congress Party always tried not to discuss the alliance. The ill-formed alliances of the last minute resulted in Congress party failing to make a mark in the Lok Sabha Election 2019.
- Fifth and one of the most important of the 6 main reasons for Congress defeat is that BJP has a popular face like Modi, but Congress has no such popular face. There is no strong leader who can give a tough fight to the BJP or Modi. This is one of the biggest reasons why Congress lost in Lok Sabha 2019.
- Congress President, Rahul Gandhi and all the other Congress leaders, throughout their election campaign, focused only on pulling down PM Modi and BJP while they should have been talking about the work done by their party.
Of course, the above 6 main reasons for Congress defeat are not the only reasons, but these sure are some of the important reasons. Rest it is for the Congress party to analyze as to What, When and How they lost the trust of people of India.