Aarogya Setu App download and use – Government of India developed a mobile application, Aarogya Setu app to connect people with essential health services to fight against the coronavirus pandemic. The aim of this app is to increase awareness, inform people about coronavirus, the initiatives of the government, particularly those of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and resolve any queries or questions that people may have. The app provides information about the risks, symptoms, and advisories about coronavirus (COVID-19).
You can easily download this app from play stores (for Android phones) and Apple App Store (for ioS). It is available in 11 different languages — 10 Indian languages and English.
The Aarogya Setu app reaches to five million downloads on the Google Play Store in just three days since its launch. It has also become one of the top free apps in India.
Aarogya Setu app download and use – How to use Aarogya Setu app
As you install the Aarogya Setu app, switch on Bluetooth and location of your phone (keep it on at all times). Set location sharing to ‘always’ (you can change it later).
How to test Aarogya Setu app
After completing the above steps, the user is asked to answer some questions. In case, some of the answers result positive for COVID-19, the information will be sent to a government server. Then, the government will take steps and initiate the isolation procedure, if required.
The app will alert you if someone who tests positive came in close to you. The app will tell you on how to self-isolate and what to do in case you develop symptoms.
The steps required to use the app are as follows:
How to know coronavirus symptoms by Aarogya Setu app-
- After you’ve installed the app, on your device’s location.
- You’ll get an OTP, enter it and you are done.
- Select your gender and enter your full name, age, and profession.
- It’ll also ask you about your foreign travel history in last 30 days.
- Then, the app asks you whether you are ready to volunteer or not. If you answer yes, a 20-second assessment test starts.
- After you installed Aarogya Setu, it will detect other nearby smartphones that also have the app installed.
- On the basis of this calculation which is done using Bluetooth and algorithms you can test whether you are positive or not.
Must read: DO’s and DONT’s for Coronavirus