With changing trends in Indian Cinema, we now see actors as well as actresses ready to do all that it requires to bring out the best in the characters they play. To make their characters unique they at times give the characters a personal touch. Many actors have walked an extra mile and did not even refrain from being bald on the big screen to make their characters live forever. Let’s recognize the courage of these beautiful actresses who went bald for movies.
Must Read: Some amazing facts about Shruti Haasan
Here is a list of actresses who went bald for movies:
- When Shabana Azmi signed for the film ‘Water’ which was directed by Deepa Mehta, she had to shave her hair for her character.
- The movie was based on the lives and circumstances of widows in India in older times. The widows had to renounce worldly comforts, like sleeping on the floor or wearing any ornaments.
- They had also shaved their hair as they add to the beauty of a woman. Unfortunately, the movie made many controversies and Shabana opted out of the movie.
- In the film Bajirao Mastani, Tanvi played a strong character of a Maratha widow.
- Tanvi did justice to her character in the film by shaving her hair and grabbed everyone’s attention for the intensity of the character.
- The very talented actress, Nandita Das shaved off her hair for the same project with Shabana Azmi in the film ‘Water’.
- She too left it later as the controversies over the movie led to the makers indefinitely stalling the shoot of the film.
- After Shabana Azmi and Nandita Das opted out from the movie ‘Water’, Lisa Ray was cast in the movie. She also went bald for real for her look in the movie.
- She played the role of a widow in the movie which was finally shot in Sri Lanka.
- The legendary actress, Tanuja took the brave step of shaving her head off for a Marathi film ‘Pitruroon’.
- She performed marvellously in the film and was appreciated for her character by many.
- The actress took the bold step of shaving her head for the film “And Once Again”, an Amol Palekar’s Film.
- She went bald in reality as she played the character of a monk in Sikkim.
These are some actresses who went bald for movies on the screen for the requirement of their characters:
- The gorgeous lady, Priyanka Chopra appeared bald onscreen for the movie ‘Mary Kom’. It was based on the life of the International boxer M.C. Mary Kom, an Olympic bronze medalist.
- The movie was a blockbuster and she was very excited about her look.
- Anushka went bald on screen for the film, ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’. She played the role of a cancer patient, which demanded her to go bald.
- The actress took the challenge and presented it beautifully.
Recommended Reading: Interesting facts about Deepika Padukone