The pre-dawn airstrike carried out by the Indian Airforce (IAF) in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) on February 26, 2019, has won many Indian hearts. A precise operation was conducted by the IAF on the instruction of the command cleared by the government of India. National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval was personally monitoring this airstrike in PoK from beginning to end.
These ten points will unveil the airstrike in PoK from beginning to end:
- 12 Mirage 2000s took off from Gwalior in batches: It was at 3:30 am that the 12 Mirage 2000s jets took off from Gwalior Airbase. It is considered the home base of Mirage jets in India.
- Mirages were armed with 500/1000lb Laser Guided Bombs: The jets were armed with 500/1000lb Laser guided precision bombs, made to attack the specific locations marked by the Intelligence on the ground inside Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).
- Mirage 2000s were fitted with Israeli Litening Targeting Pods: These Litening Targeting Pods use a lightning technique to lighten or mark the precise targets. The entire procedure of mapping is followed to strike exactly at the target.
- IAF airborne early warning Jet took off from Bhatinda: The IAF airborne early warning Jet was scrambled to disable the Radar system of the Pakistani Armed Forces so that the Mirage 2000s could go in undetected. Since they were also on alert following the Pulwama attack.
- IAF Mid-Air refuelling tanker took off from Agra: IAF Mid-Air refuelling tanker met the Mirage 2000s that were to attack the PoK right before the LoC to fuel the aircraft. This facility was used to avoid any casualty due to insufficient fuel.
- IAF Heron Surveillance Drone took off from secret airfield: The IAF Heron surveillance Drone was also scrambled to provide minute by minute information on the operation keeping in mind the safety of the pilots. The Drone was recently bought from Israel.
- Mirage pilots conducted final checks on targets: Once before going on for the attack, the pilots conducted final surveillance on the target locations.
- Mirage pilots finally cleared from the command center to proceed: After all the final checks the pilots finally got a go-ahead from the Control and Command Centre. The Aircraft then flew close to the ground and entered the Pakistani territory. One of the reasons the jets flew closer to the ground was because the Pakistani radars cannot trace the jets when they fly low.
- Pilots used laser pods to ‘Paint’ targets: The Pilots then finally painted the targets using laser pods and made a trajectory for the bombs to follow.
- Dropping of a payload of bombs: The bombs were then released to hit the target precisely following the trajectory at Balakot, Muzaffarabad and Chikoti, the three terror camps of Pakistan.
Recommended Reading: पीएम मोदी ने किया नेशनल वॉर मेमोरियल का उद्घाटन, जानें क्या है खासियत
We salute the Indian Airforce to successfully carry out this airstrike in PoK from beginning to end.