Ajith Kumar Biography and facts – Ajith Kumar is one of the most popular and loved actors of Tamil cinema. Born on 1 May 1971 in Hyderabad, Ajith has a large fan following. Acting is not his only passion, but he loves car racing too. He participated in the MRF Racing series (2010) in Chennai. Let’s know some more about his famous Indian actor.
Ajith Kumar Biography and facts
- Ajith created a non-profit organization and named it after his parents “Mohini-Mani Foundation”, which promotes self-hygiene.
- He began his career in 1990 and appeared in a Tamil film En Veedu En Kanavar with a small role. He was then seen in a film Prema Pusthakam (1993), and his first critical acclaimed appearance was in Aasai (1995).
- His first Tamil film was Amaravathi which was a moderate success. After the release of the film, while training for an amateur motor race, he injured his back and underwent three major surgeries which resulted in bed rest for one and a half years.
- In 1995, after playing the second lead role in the Vijay starrer Rajavin Parvaiyile, Ajith was seen in the film, Aasai which was a great success.
- From 2003 to 2005, Ajith appeared in very less films as he was focusing on his career in motor racing.
- In 2004, Ajith was a brand ambassador of Nescafe in Tamil Nadu. But later, he has limited his appearance to the silver screen only and is not promoting any Brand.
More in Ajith Kumar Biography and facts
- Ajith is one among the very few Indians to race in the International arena and in Formula championships. He was also invited abroad for various races, including Germany and Malaysia. He was part of 2003 Formula Asia BMW Championship.
- Ajith worked with Siva again in Vedalam (2015), in which audience praised his performance. He also worked in Vivegam which was also very well received and loved.
- He was seen as a romantic hero with Kadhal Kottai (1996), and Kadhal Mannan (1998), Vaali (1999), Mugavaree (2000), Kandukondain Kandukondain (2000), Citizen (2001) and the list is pretty long .
Must read: Some lesser known facts about Ajay Devgn
- He also worked as an action hero with films like Amarkalam (1999), Dheena (2001), Villain (2002), Attahasam (2004), Varalaru (2006), Arrambam (2013), Veeram (2014), Yennai Arindhaal (2015) Vedalam (2015), Vivegam (2017) and Viswasam (2019).
- He is extremely passionate about photography and most of the time he carries a camera with himself while travelling.
- Ajith loves food and always willing to experiment with different cuisines. He loves to eat the popular local dishes when travelling.
- He is married to actress Shalini in 2000 after dating for about a year and has one daughter and a son.