Alert for students of Class 12 – Must check this UGC list of fake universities in India. The University Grants Commission has released a list of fake universities across the country, wherein the highest number of fake universities turned out to be in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. This news is utterly alarming and parents of all ages, especially of children who are giving their board exams this year, are going through a lot of mental trouble and tension, and this news is bound to instill such emotions in both students and parents. Now that the infamous Economics board exam is over that had to be repeated due to leakage of the question paper, it has become even more important for people to be vigilant so that no such mishap happens again. Unfortunately, that vigilance that was required turned out to be nothing more than not enough.
Here is the UGC list of fake universities in India:
- Commercial University Ltd, Daryaganj, Delhi.
- United Nations University, Delhi.
- Vocational University, Delhi.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 008.
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, RozgarSewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK Depot, Delhi-110033.
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-I, Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini, Delhi-110085
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh.
Other states that made into the UGC list of fake universities in India :
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala.
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research,8-A, Diamond Harbour Road, Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpurkur, Kolkatta – 700063
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Plot No. 242, PaniTankiRoad,Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014.
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Odisha.
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, Thilaspet, Vazhuthavoor Road, Puducherry-605009
The UGC on the topic of fake universities gave an official statement on Wednesday saying, “In the interest of students and public at large, the University Grants Commission has released the list of 24 fake Universities.” Along with this, the Human Resource Development Ministry gave their own statement saying “UGC has said that these 24 self-styled, unrecognized institutions functioning in contravention of the UGC Act have been declared as fake and are not entitled to confer any degrees.”
Unfortunately, the number of universities that are fake continue to expand without pause. This step towards researching and listing the number of universities that hold no credentials is a big step towards progress in education in India, but unfortunately, it might not be enough since the number of receivers in this country is growing by the minute. Here’s the official announcement of UGC list of fake universities in India :