Neeta Lulla Indian Fashion Designer is a fashion stylist and costume designer who has been leading fashion industry since 1985 and has served in 300 Bollywood films. She has been associated with several actresses like Madhuri Dixit and Aishwarya Rai as she designed their costumes for Devdas (2002), a film which set a unique fashion trend in India.
More about Neeta Lulla Indian Fashion Designer:
- Neeta Lulla was born in Mumbai and brought up in the city of Ahmedabad. Neeta got married at the age of 16. It was pre-decided that she would complete her studies after marriage. She was interested in the fashion industry so she decided to do a diploma in Pattern Making and Garment Manufacturing.
- She started working during her college days as an assistant in various fashion shows. She got first chance in Bollywood for the movie, ‘Chaandni’ starring Sridevi.
- Neeta Lulla designed clothes for some extremely popular movies such as Pride and Prejudice, Hum Hai Raahi Pyaar Ke, Hum Aapke Hai Koun, Mistress of Spices, Taal, Devdas, Mohenjo-Daro, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Jodha Akbar and more.
- Every outfit she creates is inspired by the beauty of nature. Her costumes do not ape any peculiar trend, as they are designed keeping uniqueness in mind.
- With 25 years of experience, she has evolved as a fashion designer enormously and her collections have aimed at matching the advancing fashion tastes of the generations today.
- She is one of the most popular fashion designers in India, who has been honoured with four national awards.
- Neeta has been awarded a number of honourable awards such as National Film Award for Best Costume Design for Lamhe (1991), Devdas (2002), Jodhaa Akbar (2009) and Balgandharva (2012).
- She was also given Bollywood Movie Award in 2003 and 2011, Zee Cine Award for Best Costume Designer in 2003, and IIFA Best Costume Design Award in 2000 and 2009.
- She has also styled many Bollywood actors like Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Shah Rukh Khan, Amir Khan, Rajnikanth and many more.
Recommended Reading: The Designer Bros – Shantanu and Nikhil