Hauz Khas is well-known since medieval times. It is an affluent neighborhood of south Delhi. Hauz Khas Village is a popular complex in Delhi and also essentially popular for its designer boutiques and specialty restaurants. It is also called an urban village or Hauz Khas Village (HKV). It houses an Islamic seminary, a mosque and a tomb constructed around the lake. This historical place was built by Allauddin Khilji, a popular Muslim ruler of the Delhi Sultanate. HKV witnesses a large number of visitors, especially over the weekend and many people enjoy taking morning and evening walks near the lake.
Here is everything you need to know about the Hauz Khas Village.
- It has a Deer Park located in it, one of the largest lush green areas of Delhi. The Deer Park is connected with the District Park and Rose Garden, which are a treat to the eyes. These 3 places are also called “Lungs of Delhi” as they provide fresh air in the otherwise polluted metropolitan.
- The real gem in the crown of Hauz Khas Village is its Hauz Khas Fort. It’s a beautiful fort and the heart of Hauz Khas Village. It’s a heaven for photographers and for those who love visiting historical places.
- Also, there are many restaurants and rooftop cafes from where you can enjoy the beautiful sight of the Hauz Khas Fort while devouring a delicious meal with your friends.
- It offers several attractions in its compound like the Duck Park, Rabbit Enclosure, species of deer and many picnic spots making it an ideal place for families to visit.
- You will find walkers and joggers here who come to this park daily to get a whiff of the fresh air.
- Deer Park also has a restaurant named ‘Park Baluchi’ after the very famous Pind Baluchi.
- Hauz Khas Village is a party hub which is also known for its electric nightlife with countless cafes, bars and pubs. It doesn’t matter whether you are a Delhiite or not, you eventually find yourself at the most happening place in the city.
- It has an infectious energy and you may catch a lot of live events ranging from stand-up comedy to live jazz, hosted by several cafes during the weekends.
- It comes in one of the top places for the people of the metropolitan to head out for all their party woes.
- For the Youth cafes, pubs, restaurants or bars, the Hauz Khas Village is always the first choice for them.
- The Hauz Khas Village remains open from Monday to Saturday from 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM and the restaurant and pubs remain open till 1:00 AM in the night. However, to maintain the security you will spot police and PCR van patrolling the Hauz Khas Village after 12:30 PM