Best all time Indian war movies – There are many movies in Bollywood that remind us of all the sacrifices that our soldiers make to keep the nation safe. These films are all about wars and attacks that took place in the past. Here are some of the best all time Indian war movies.
Best all time Indian war movies
- Border is a war drama film produced, written, and directed by J. P. Dutta.
- The film was released on 13 June 1997.
- The movie is based on the Indo-Pakistan War of 1971. It is an adaptation of real-life events that took place during the Battle of Longewala in 1971.
- The film stars Sunny Deol, Akshaye Khanna, Suniel Shetty, Sudesh Berry, Puneet Issar, Jackie Shroff, Kulbhushan Kharbanda. Tabu, Pooja Bhatt, Raakhee, and Sharbani Mukherjee appeared in supporting roles.
LOC Kargil (2003)
- LOC Kargil is an Indian historical war film that is based on the Kargil War that was fought between India and Pakistan.
- The film was produced and directed by J. P. Dutta on 12 December 2003.
- The movie depicts 1999, Operation Vijay and Battle of Tololing around the LOC.
Bollywood popular movies – All time Indian war movies
- Lakshya is a Hindi-language war based film released on 18 June 2004.
- The film was produced by Ritesh Sidhwani and directed by Farhan Akhtar, starring Hrithik Roshan, Preity Zinta, and Amitabh Bachchan in the lead roles.
- The movie is a coming-of-age story set against a fictionalized backdrop of the 1999 Kargil War.
Popular Bollywood movies – best all time Indian war movies
- 1971 is a Hindi-language war drama film that was released on 9 March 2007.
- The film was written by Piyush Mishra, directed by Amrit Sagar, and Amrit Sagar.
- 1971 was based on a true story of prisoners of war after the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
- The film features an ensemble cast of Ravi Kishan, Piyush Mishra, Manoj Bajpayee, Deepak Dobriyal, and others.
Ghazi Attack (2017)
- The Ghazi Attack is a war film written and directed by Sankalp Reddy.
- The film was released on 17 February 2017.
- The film stars Taapsee Pannu, Rana Daggubati, Atul Kulkarni, and Kay Kay Menon.
- The Ghazi Attack is inspired by the Indo-Pakistani war of 1971.
- The film is about the underwater tale of the Indian Navy aboard the Indian Submarine INS Karanj which destroyed the Pakistani PNS Ghazi when it tried to enter Indian waters to destroy INS Vikrant.
Best all time Indian war movies
Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019)
- Uri: The Surgical Strike is directed by Aditya Dhar and produced by Ronnie Screwvala, released on 11 January 2019.
- The film stars Vicky Kaushal, Paresh Rawal, Yami Gautam, and Mohit Raina.
- URI is based on a true story about an attack on an Indian army camp near Jammu and Kashmir. Terrorists living in Pakistan attacked the Indian camp and India retaliated with a surgical strike.
Hindi movies: Best all time Indian war movies
- Kesari is a historical action-war film directed and written by Anurag Singh.
- The film casts Akshay Kumar in the main lead and Vansh Bhardwaj, Mir Sarwar, Jaspreet Singh, Vivek Saini, Vikram Kochhar, Rakesh Sharma, and Parineeti Chopra in supporting roles.
- The movie is based on the Battle of Saragarhi, a battle between 21 soldiers of the 36th Sikhs against the British Indian Army and 10,000 Afridi in 1897.