Arun Jaitley death news – Former Finance Minister and a senior BJP leader, Arun Jaitley, passed away on Saturday (24/08/2019) afternoon at the age of 66. Arun Jaitley was born on 28th December 1952, was a senior Politician and a Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court of India.
He has been the Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs (2014 – 2019) and has held cabinet portfolios for Finance, Defense, Commerce & Industry, Corporate Affairs and Law & Justice in the Vajpayee and Modi government. Jaitley decided not to be a part of the Modi Cabinet in 2019 due to his health issues.
Arun Jaitley death news :
- The body of Arun Jaitley will be kept at the BJP headquarters tomorrow at 10 am, where people will be able to pay the honor. The last rites will be performed at 2 pm on Sunday at Nigam Bodh Ghat in Delhi.
Delhi: Former Union Minister and Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS. pic.twitter.com/pmr4xiyqYV
— ANI (@ANI) August 24, 2019
- Arun Jaitley passed away today afternoon at 12.07 at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- On 9 August 2019, he was hospitalized at AIIMS in New Delhi under critical condition after complaining of “breathlessness”. And on 17 August, Jaitley was on life-support.
- A team of multidisciplinary doctors supervised Arun Jaitley’s condition in the ICU of AIIMS, New Delhi. He was put on ECMO (Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation) which is also known as life support.
- PM Narendra Modi along with Lok Sabha Speaker, OM Birla, and some more BJP leaders visited the hospital to check on Arun Jaitley’s medical condition.
- Amit Shah, Union Home Minister also visited Arun Jaitley few days back. CM Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath also visited the hospital to enquire about Jaitley’s health.
- The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind also paid a visit to Arun Jaitley at AIIMS along with Harsh Vardhan, Union Health Minister, and Ashwini Choubey, Minister of State for Health.
- The Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu visited AIIMS and was told by doctors that Arun Jaitley was responding to treatments and was in a stable condition.
- On August 9, 2019, Arun Jaitley, former Finance Minister was admitted to AIIMS after a complaint of Breathlessness and restlessness.
- Before August 9, Arun Jaitley was admitted to AIIMS for another treatment in May 2019. Prior to that, he underwent a renal transplant in May 2018 when he was the Union Finance Minister.
- In September 2014, Arun Jaitley underwent a Bariatric Surgery due to his long-standing diabetic condition.
Arun Jaitley death news has shocked the nation. He will always be missed.