Arvind Kejriwal news facts biography – Arvind Kejriwal is currently the Chief Minister of Delhi. Arvind Kejriwal is the 7th Chief Minister of Delhi. He was also the Chief Minister of Delhi from December 2013 to February 2014, but he stepped down after 49 days. Here are some lesser-known facts about Arvind Kejriwal discussing his education, political career and personal life.
Arvind Kejriwal news facts biography – Chief Minister of Delhi (second term)
On 14 February 2015, he was again sworn in as the Chief Minister for the second term after his party won the Delhi Legislative Assembly elections.
Arvind Kejriwal news facts biography
Some more lesser-known facts about Arvind Kejriwal:
- He is a vegetarian.
- Kejriwal graduated from IIT, Kharagpur joined Tata Steel in 1989 but resigned in 1992 to study for the Civil Services Examination.
- In 2005, he and Manish Sisodia launched an NGO named Kabir which works on RTI and participatory governance.
- In 2010, Kejriwal protested against corruption in the Commonwealth Games and advocated the appointment of the public ombudsman- Lokpal at the Centre.
- In 2012, he published a book ‘Swaraj’ about his views on corruption and the state of Indian democracy.
- In 2013, Kejriwal contested in Delhi Legislative Assembly election and became the CM of Delhi. However, he resigned only 49 days later.
- He is diabetic and in 2016, he underwent surgery for his persistent cough problem.