Asha Bhosle facts and best songs – Asha Bhosle, the very famous Indian playback singer was born 8 September 1933. Bhosle’s career started in 1943 and has crossed over six decades. She has done playback singing in about a thousand Bollywood movies. She has also recorded several private albums and participated in multiple solo concerts in India and abroad. In 2011, she was officially recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded artist in music history. In 2000, the Government of India honored her with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award and in 2008 she was awarded the Padma Vibhushan. Asha Bhosle is the sister of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar. To know Asha Bhosle facts and best songs read the full article.
Asha Bhosle facts and best songs
- Asha Bhosle was born in Sangli, now in Maharashtra to Master Deenanath Mangeshkar, a classical singer and actor. Her real name was Asha Mangeshkar.
- When she was 10, she sang her first song ‘Chala Chala Nav Bala’ for a movie soundtrack in 1943.
- At the age of 16, Asha Bhosle sang her first solo song for the movie, ‘Raat Ki Raani’ in 1949.
- When Asha was 16, she ran away to get married to Ganpatrao Bhosle, her personal secretary. But after a few years trouble started getting into their married life and she returned back to her home with two children and pregnant with the third child.
- She loves to cook and has investments in various restaurants.
- Asha Bhosle continued singing but gained popularity after singing ‘Nanhe Munhe Bachche’ with Mohammed Rafi.
- Asha Bhosle got many breaks with M. Rafi, Sachin Dev Burman, and R.D. Burman.
- In 1980, Asha Bhosle married R.D. Burman, 14 years till Burman died in 1994.
- Asha Bhosle debuted in a Marathi film called ‘Mai’ in 2013, where she played the role of a mother.
- Asha Bhosle was acknowledged officially by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded artist in 2011.
- Bhosle is famous for her cabaret playbacks, she won her first National Award for ghazals.
- Asha was nominated for the Grammy Award in 1997 for her alubum ‘Legacy’ with Ustad Ali Akbar Khan. She was the first Indian singer to be nominated for any Grammy award.
- She has a very long list of national and international awards including Filmfare awards, National awards, IIFA and MTV.
- She has recorded numerous private albums with Indian and International artists.
Asha Bhosle facts and best songs – Best of Asha bhosle hindi songs
Katra Katra Milti Hai Katra Katra Jeene Do
Radha Kaise Na Jale
Milne Ki Tum Koshish Kerna
Mud Mud Ke Na Dekh
Chhod Do Aanchal
Haal Kaisa Jai Janaab Ka
Ek Pardesi Mera Dil Le Gaya
Arre Ja Re Hat Natkhat
Abhi Na Jao Chod Kar
Nigahein Milane Ko Jee Chahta Hai
Must read: Mrinalini Sarabhai – A Dancing Sensation