Five Best Hill Stations in India
Five Best Hill Stations in India– A life in the plains and hotter regions of India, often demands a recluse from the busy, hot and routine life and take a break at someplace that is cold and pleasant. And it is extremely pleased that there is a number of hill stations which can re-energize the mind, body, and soul.
Let us look at the five best hill stations in India:
1. Auli, Uttarakhand
- It is a top choice tourist destination which lies in Uttarakhand at an elevation of 2500 meters to 3050 meters.
- Auli is the most famous hill station for skiing in India. It gives a panoramic view of Mt. Nanda Devi, Nar Parbat, and many other high places.
- There are many mountain bike trails and hiking trails in summers for enthusiasts. You can go to Gurson Bugyal and Kawani Bugyal which gives a picturesque view of the Lower Himalayas and Chenab Lake.
2. Coorg, Karnataka
- At an elevation of 1750 meters above sea level, this place is filled with lush green hills, coffee, pepper, vanilla and ginger plantations.
- Abbey Falls is 4 km from the city center, lies between the strong bushes of coffee plantations and trees along with pepper vines.
- Some other places worth visiting in Coorg are Talacauvery, which is the origin of Cauvery river from the Brahmagiri hills, Nagarhole National Park with varied flora and fauna, Namdroling Monastery and Burude Falls.
Must Read: Best Places to Visit in May in India
3. Darjeeling, West Bengal
- At an elevation of 2050 meters above sea level, it lies in the lower Himalayan Ranges with the foremost spotting point as Mt Kanchenjunga, which is the third highest peak in the world.
- Take a ride on Darjeeling Himalayan Railway toy train, make a visit to Tiger Hill from where you can rejoice at looking the sun rays hitting the twin peaks of Kanchenjunga, visit Japanese Peace Pagoda and Rock Garden, and Nightingale Park which has a large Shiva statue.
Do read: Best Places for Paragliding in India
4. Munnar, Kerala
- One of the most picturesque places in India as also one of the most popular hill stations of India, Munnar is ideal for visiting in all seasons.
- Few places you shouldn’t miss are Rose Garden which has a number of rare species of roses, Echo Point which is located in mid of Mudraphuza, Nallathanni, and Kundala and has a striking echo feature. Other places are Elephant Arrival Spot for a wilderness ride, Photo Point on way to Madupetty Dam which is an ideal place for photography and much more.
Must read: Most mysterious places in India
5. Gulmarg, Kashmir
- This place at an elevation of 3,950 meters above sea level and the name means ‘Path of Roses’.
- The entire town and nearby places are worth visiting like Kongdori, the Gulmarg Gondola, Khilanmarg, Maharani Temple, Alpathar Lake, Ningle Nallah and many more.
- This place is bitter cold in winters and best visited in summers to admire the nature at its best.
For booking or know more about the five best Hill Stations in India click on Enquire now button.
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, and Twitter.