Five Best Places to Visit in Kangra, the sacred city is situated at the junction of the Bener streams and Manjhi in the ecstasy of Himachal Pradesh. Popularly known as ‘Dev Bhumi’ meaning Home of Gods, the serenity of this city attracts tourists from all over the country. The city finds its abode in the Kangra Valley between the Shivalik Range and Dhauladhar Range. The city is also referred as the Trigarda Kingdom in the Indian epic, Mahabharata. The place is popular for the ancient temples built in unique architecture residing amidst verdant valleys. You can experience a captivating feeling of sitting in the lap of god amidst pristine natural beauty.
The five Best Places to Visit in Kangra are as follows:
1. Jawalamukhi Temple
- Jawalamukhi temple located at a distance of 30 kilometres from Kangra is one of the most sacred temples of Hindus.
- Unlike other temples, this temple doesn’t house idols. The temple is devoted to Jwalamukhi- the Goddess of Light also known as ‘She of the Flaming Mouth’.
- The flawless blue flame, emitting out from a few places in the temple is what is worshipped. The source of the flame remains a mystry.
- Mughal emperor Akbar tried his best to douse or extinguish the flames but couldn’t succeed.
2. Kangra Fort
- Kangra Fort tucked on the flat mountain range is located at a distance of 3 kilometres from the town.
- The entrance of the massive fort displays a museum comprising of exquisite idols, carvings,stone sculptures and old photographs of the fort.
- The ascend is through 7 gates where the walls are embossed with idols. After completing the climb, your eyes will be inspired by the outstanding view Manjhi rivers and Banganga streams.
3. Chamunda Devi Temple
- Believed to be the abode of ‘Shiva and Shakti, the place is called Chamunda Nandikeshwar dham, is located at a distance of 24 kilometres from Kangra.
- The temple is dedicated to goddess Chamunda Devi.Idols of Lord Shiva and Saraswati are kept in a pool of running water.
- The temple walls depict the scenes from Devi Mahatma, Mahabharata and Ramayana.
4. Kareri Lake
- This stunning and shallow freshwater lake with picturesque location will leave you jaw-dropped.
- The high-altitude lake is located at the south of Dhauladhar range and the melting snow from the range serves as the source of water of the lake.
- The beauty of the site is enhanced with colorful perennial flowers and dense conifers. It is a famous trekking destination in the Dhauladhar range.
5. Indrahar Paas
- Indrahar Pass, perched at a height of 4,324ft above the sea level, is one of the most popular, beautiful and equally difficult trek attracting trekkers from across the globe.
- The trek passes through Triund, Laka Got and Lahesh Caves.
- Located in the Dhauladhar range in the Himalayas, it’s equally famous with the tourists.
For booking and know more about Five Best Places to Visit in Kangra click on enquire now button.
Recommended Reading: Best five places to visit in Palampur