Five Best Places to Visit in Palampur – Palampur popularly known as the tea capital of Northern India is located in the ecstasy of Himachal Pradesh. The name refers to the numerous tea gardens and paddy fields found on this beautiful piece of earth. This place is loved by adventurers as it offers a plethora of adventure sports and good trekking stretch. Besides the stunning scenic beauty the place holds, it also houses numerous ancient architectural pilgrimages and sacred spots. The two spots which deliver breath-taking views are lofty Dhauladar range and verdant Kangra valley.
Get ready to behold your sight before you take a trip to these five best places to visit in Palampur.
1. Tea Gardens
- The tea capital of Northern India, as the name suggests, the major attraction of this place are plush green tea gardens.
- Tea is the major production in Palampur and the adjoining areas. Few tea brands which are produced here are Malhar, Bahar, Bageshwari, and Darbari.Rejuvenate yourself amidst lush greenery and subtle fragrance of tea.
- Tea gardens are a treat to eyes while driving in this hill station.
2. Neugal Khad
- A charming picnic site located at a distance of 2 kilometres from Palampur attracts tourists because of the refreshing atmosphere.
- A perfect place for nature lovers and adventure seekers offers a beautiful view of sparkling water gushing through the rocks encircled by dense forests under a vast blue sky. Enjoy this spectacular view by sipping a hot coffee in Neugal cafe.
3. Baijnath Temple
- Baijnath Temple, located at a distance of 16 kilometres from Palampur, is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is as one of the 12 Jyotirlingas. The Nagara style temple is inspired by Orrisa’s traditional style of architecture.
- The Shivling has five projections on each side.
- The temple water is known for curing diseases. Shivaratri is celebrated with great pomp and show in the temple.
4. Chamunda Devi Temple
- This temple has an important significance among pilgrims and is considered to be one of the 51 Shakti Peethas.
- Located at a distance of 10 kilometres from Palampur, the temple is devoted to goddess Durga and Goddess Chamunda.
- The temple also houses a library and ayurvedic dispensary. Meditate and find yourself in the lap of God in this peaceful environment.
5. Saurabh Van Vihar
- Saurabh Van Vihar, situated in the vicinity of Neugal, is named after audacious Army officer, Captain Saurabh Kalia.
- The management of beautiful garden is undertaken by Himachal Pradesh Forest Department. Extended over an area of 35 acres, the place nurtures more than 150 species of medicinal plants and herbs.
- The garden also comprises Picnic Sheds, Water streams, Tiger Hill Bridge, Health trails, and Open Air Theatre.
For booking and know more about five best places to visit in Palampur click on enquire now button.
Recommended Reading: Best five places to visit in Kasauli