Five Best Places to Visit in Rishikesh, the tourist destination of Indian state Uttarakhand is popularly known as the “Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas”. Tucked away in the Himalayas, the place represents an exquisite mixture of Indian tradition and distinct urban culture.
This city is a year-round magnet attracting tourists from all over the world with its awe-inspiring beauty, holy pilgrimages, architectural marvels, shimmering rivers and much more. The platter of two opposite worlds, Rishikesh can leave its viewers captivated with its rejuvenating and meditating atmosphere and on the other hand, the tourists can be enthralled with the unending list of adventure sports. Here’re five best places to visit in Rishikesh:
1. Ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula:
- The landmarks of Rishikesh, Ram Jhula, and Lakshman Jhula are the iron bridges over the river Ganges.
- These 450 feet long suspension bridges mark the beauty of this place. Stand on this pilgrimage spot and witness the view of magnetic waves of the holy river Ganga and the grand temples surrounding the river.
2. The Beatles Ashram
- The Beatles Ashram is considered to be one of the best rejuvenating spots in Rishikesh because of its tranquility and soothing atmosphere.
- This serene place will compel you to sit and meditate for a while.
- The Beatles Ashram incorporates aesthetic beauty calling out for those seeking for a blissful time.
- Shivpuri lies 19 kilometers away from Rishikesh. The panoramic beauty of this place offers a plethora of adventure activities.
- The wide range of adventure sports includes rafting, boating, cliff jumping, trekking and games like volleyball and handball. The camps arranged on the banks of the river Ganges are a major attraction.
4. Jumping Heights
- Visit this adventurer’s paradise and enjoy the amazing experience of jumping and flying.
- Situated in Mohan Chatti near Rishikesh, this site is popular among adventure enthusiasts. Travellers are guided by a highly experienced team from New Zealand who offers Bungy Jumping, flying fox, giant swings, and zip line.
5. Neelkanth Mahadev temple
- Located around 32kms from Rishikesh, at a height of 1330 mtrs, Neelkanth Mahadev temple is one of the most popular Lord Shiva temples in India.
- It is considered to be the place where Lord Shiva consumed the poison originated from the ocean during Samudra Manthan.
- Well connected by roads, the temple can be reached either by car or on foot. It’s also one of the most famous treks of the Rishikesh.
While you are in Rishikesh, do attend the Ganga Aarti in the evening. The most famous places to watch Ganga Aarti in Rishikesh are Triveni Ghat and Parmarth Niketan.
For booking and know more about Five Best Places to Visit in Rishikesh click on book now button.
Recommended Reading: Best five places to visit in Haridwar