Five Best Places to Visit in Chamba
Five Best Places to Visit in Chamba, the city rich with ancient history is a popular tourist spot in Himachal Pradesh. Despite being a small town, the place attracts thousands of travelers around the year because of its stunning location and verdant valleys. The Himalayan mountain range, diverse flora and fauna, shimmering lakes, wildlife sanctuaries and ancient temples make this place an exquisite piece of nature.
Acquaint yourself more with the city by exploring the five best places to visit in Chamba:
1. Khajjiar Lake
- This spectacular lake lies in the lap of snow clad mountains surrounded by thick cedar forests.
- It is one of the most beautiful lakes in Himachal Pradesh and one must visit during the months of February to April.
- A major attraction of the place is the floating island and the view of Mount Kailash.
- Chamundi Devi Temple
- The ancient temple built in 1762 is located on the banks of river Baner. The temple is also famous as Chamunda Nandikeshwar Dham and is dedicated to Chamundi Devi, an incarnation of Durga.
- This temple is an important pilgrimage place for spiritual seekers as it is devout to be the home of Shiva and Shakti.
- The temple’s architecture is an exquisite mixture of Indian and British style. The temple is made up of wood with a gabled roof and displays idols of various deities.
- Kalatop Wildlife sanctuary:
- Residing amidst the green deodar forests between Dalhousie and Khajjiar, this wildlife sanctuary is one of the famous sanctuaries in Himachal Pradesh.
- Extended over an area of 30.69 kilometers, the sanctuary gives shelter to a wide range of flora and fauna which includes jackal, Himalayan black marten, barking goral, bear, leopard and many more.
- If you are a trekking enthusiast, then this place welcomes you throughout the year except for monsoon.
- Manimahesh Lake:
- This stunning lake is protected by Manimahesh Kailash Peak in the PirPanjal Range of Himalayas.
- The lake attracts thousands of travelers every year because of its panoramic beauty and especially during the months of August and September on the eighth day of new moon period when an important pilgrimage trek takes place popularly known as ‘Manimahesh Yatra.’
- Bhuri Singh Museum:
- The museum was established in 1908 to honor the king of Chamba, Raja Bhuri Singh.
- The museum preserves the history and distinctive culture of Chamba. It houses innumerable antique pieces, Basohli paintings, copper plate grants, royal jewelry, rare Sharda script and much more which makes this place worth a visit.
For booking and know more about five best places to visit in Chamba click on enquire now button.
Recommended Reading: Best five places to visit in Malappuram
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.