Haridwar, the abode of the Gods is a prime tourist hub in Uttarakhand. Also named as Hardwar, the city lies 314 meters above sea level. This sacred place lures travellers seeking the solace of mind because of its spiritual and cultural atmosphere and the ones who are in the quest of Moksha.
The myriad bountiful sites and the pristine beauty makes this place bustle with devotees all over the year. The prismatic positivity of this place is deeply connected with the beliefs of the devotees. They believe that by taking a dip in the holy river Ganga, they can wash their sins.
Check out the list of five best places to visit in Haridwar, the gateway to the gods:
1.Har ki Pauri
- Har ki Pauri, meaning Footsteps of the Lord, is the most famous ghat on the banks of river Ganges and is the major landmark of Haridwar.
- This eternal holy place incorporates the Brahmakund, which is thronged by pilgrims traveling from various parts of the country. The glorious evening aarti of Har Ki Pauri is a major attraction.
- There’s a big market on the sides of the Har Ki Pauri, selling item ranging from Gemstones, clothes to wooden items, toys, shoes and more.
2.Mansa Devi Temple
- Mansa Devi Temple presides over the Bilwa Parvat in Haridwar. The temple is devoted to the Goddess Mansa who is believed to fulfill all wishes and desires.
- The temple houses two figures of the goddess. The first idol has three mouths and five arms while the second idol has eight arms.
- The temple can be reached either by cable car or by trekking.
3. Sapt Rishi Ashram
- Sapt Rishi Ashram has been the meditating site of seven of the great saints of Indian mythology, Kashyapa, Gautam, Vashisht, Vishwamitra, Bharadwaja, Jamadagni, and Atri.
- The river Ganga also divides into seven smaller tributaries near this Ashram.
- Located at a distance of 5 kilometers from Haridwar, the peaceful ambiance of the site makes it worth visiting.
4. Chandi Devi Temple
- Built in 1929, this ancient temple is dedicated to the Goddess Chandi Devi. Tucked on the Neel Parvat of the Shivalik Hills in Haridwar, the picturesque location of this place attracts tourists in large numbers.
- The shrine of the goddess can be reached either by stairs or by cable cars. Devotees flock in during the holy Kumbh Mela and Chandi Chaudas.
- The temple remains open from 7 AM to 7 PM on all days.
5.Chilla Wildlife Sanctuary
- Located at a distance of 18 kilometers from Haridwar, this sanctuary is popular as Rajaji Wildlife Sanctuary.
- This wildlife reserve is an abode of various species of flora and fauna including Elephants, Bears, Tigers, and Small cats.
- You can hire jeeps for jungle safari.
For booking and know more about five best places to visit in Haridwar click on book now button.
Recommended Reading: Best five places to visit in Kasauli