Five Best Spice Plantation in Thekkady – Welcome to Thekkady! The real spice king of Kerala, Thekkady is renowned for its spices which are exported all around the world. Filled with dense evergreen forests and savanna grasslands, Thekkady also houses the country’s largest Tiger Reserve- Periyar.
Let’s take a look at the five best spice plantation in Thekkady which draw millions of tourists to marvel at their glory every year.
- Green Ayurvedic & Spices Plantation
- 100% eco-friendly with farm, honey bee colony, natural fish aquarium, cardamom processing plant and multiple spice gardens.
- Revolving around the theme of Sustainable Farming, the spice farm is spread over a huge area and is home to a variety of spices, vegetables, fruits and other plants. Turmeric, cardamom, cloves are some of the spices that are cultivated here.
- Guides are available to give you an informative tour around the plantation. Entry fee to the farm is 100 rupees. The plantation also has a spice store to purchase spices freshly grown on the land.
- Spice Walk
- Home to environmental friendly farming, the Spice Walk sees pepper, vanilla, clove and nutmeg being cultivated on the area
- The coffee drying process is one of the unique things to see at the place and also one of the few such tours in the county
- You can choose to go for tour packages which not only guide you through the forest but also include many activities like stay in camp in deep forest, tree house etc.
- Spice Village
- Featuring local materials and native artisansSpice Village offers you all the comforts of a city minus the noise and pollution.
- Has self-sustaining systems like the fish pond, use of neem and lemongrass as bio-pesticides in insect control.
- 75% of the energy needs are met from the solar plants installed at the property. Organic waste is converted into paper through a dedicated process at the handmade paper unit on the farm.
- Entering the magical world of spices, one can not only take a walk through the spice gardens but also get introduced to all the spices in the evening cooking classes held by some of the top chefs in Kerala.
- Cardamom County
- One is greeted with the intoxicating smell of spices on entry. It is set over a lush ayurvedic spice plantation which is the perfect location to take in the natural beauty and relax at.
- Plantation eco-tours are organized by the management. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide you will be taken on tour of the cardamom, pepper, rubber, vanilla, coffee and tea plantations.
- Spices, spice powder and herbal oil are a must buy at the spice store owing to their fine quality and competitive prices
- The Spice Route
- The plant features not only unique spices but also many exotic birds that can be spotted easily. The plantation is divided into sections with each section covered with specific plants like vanilla, ginger, cardamom, clove, nutmeg and others.
- Lunch packages are available which involve tasting of the fresh spices. Erected resorts in the middle of the garden also provide a soothing stay for visitors.
- The best time to visit is between March and September when the spices are ready to be harvested and visitors can engage in that process.
For booking and know more about Five Best Spice Plantation in Thekkady click on book now button.
Recommended Reading: Five Best Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks in India