Five Best Weekend Getaways from Bengaluru – Since Bengaluru also qualifies to be one of the top-notch metropolitan cities, the day to day life of people is extremely hectic. And hence, the best way to rejuvenate ourselves is to go on a quick weekend getaway off the hustle bustle of the busy city life.
Let’s look at five of the best weekend getaways from Bengaluru:
1. BR Hills
● Located 182 km away from Bengaluru, BR Hills is a serene destination set amidst the confluence of Eastern and Western Ghats.
● The BRT Wildlife Sanctuary which houses multiple exotic flora and fauna is the chief attraction here. Activities like trekking and wildlife safari can be
● The other attraction worth-visiting is Biligiriranga Swamy Temple.
● 50 km away from Bengaluru, Ramanagara is just an hour drive away from Bengaluru and hence it’s the best place for a quick weekend getaway.
● The rocks of Ramanagara are widely popular as the epic movie Sholay was partly shot here.
● The other worth-visiting destination in Ramanagara includes Janapada Loka and Ramadevara Betta. You can indulge in activities like trekking, rock climbing, and sightseeing.
3. Nandi Hills
● Merely 60 km away from Bengaluru, Nandi Hills is an ancient hill fortress that is just an hour-long ride from the main city.
● Paragliding and trekking are two of the most sought after adventure activities that can be enjoyed here.
● Some worth-visiting destinations around Nandi Hills are Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, Nandi Bhoganandishwara swamy Temple, Tipu’s Drop, and Bharamashram.
● A historically rich town, Srirangapatna is located about 125 km away from Bengaluru and is a popular weekend getaway for history lovers.
● Famous for activities like historical tours, sightseeing and museum visits, some of the worth-visiting places in here are Mausoleum of Tipu Sultan, Daria
Daulat, Srirangapatna Fort and The Ranganathaswamy Temple.
● 135 km away from Bengaluru, Hogenakkal Falls is one of the oldest waterfalls in the world and is famous for its medicinal properties.
● The localities say that if you take a bath in the waters of this fall, you’ll be cured of many diseases.
● You can indulge in activities like coracle boat rides, medicinal baths and trekking around this destination.
For booking and know more about five best weekend getaways from Bengaluru click on book now button.
Recommended Reading: Four Unusual Long Weekend Getaways from Delhi