Five Best Weekend Getaways From Kolkata – Weekend getaways is what majority of people look for to get some relief from the hectic work-life and stress from the daily grind. Kolkata has some beautiful places around the city where people can enjoy a great weekend.
Here are five best weekend getaways from Kolkata:
- 138 km off Kolkata, Bakkhali is the beach destination located on the south-western tip of the mystical Sunderbans.
- Best suited for a two day weekend getaway, Bakkhali is a 4-5 hours long drive from Kolkata.
- Some of the worth visiting places in Bakkhali are Henry’s Island, JambuDwip, Bakkhali Sea beach, Sagar Island and Fraserganj.
- 170 km south-west of Kolkata,Tajpur is again a beach destination that is yet untouched by the commercialization and is the most recent entrant in the tourist destinations of West Bengal.
- You can enjoy several water activities like paragliding and other beach sports and also pay a visit to nearby beaches such as Junput, Mandarmani and Shankarpur.
- Located 587 km away from Kolkata, Kurseong lies up the hills and is spread along a forested ridge which can be reached by road or by train.
- It’s a night long journey from Kolkata to Kurseong.
- Some of the worth-visiting places that you can explore includes Eagle’s Crag, Makaibari Tea estate, Deer Park, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum, Castleton Tea Estate and Ambotia Shiva Mandir.
- 675 km away from Kolkata, Rinchenpong is yet another fascinating weekend getaway destination that is located in Sikkim.
- You can take an overnight bus or train from Kolkata to Siliguri and then a cab from Siliguri to Rinchenpong.
- You can indulge in activities like nature walk, trekking and sightseeing here.
- Some worth-visiting places in Rinchenpong are Barsey Rhododendron sanctuary,Reesum Monastery, Temi Tea Garden, Van Jhakhri waterfalls among others.
- Located 625 km from Kolkata, Kalimpong can be reached via Siliguri from where it is 40 km away.
- Situated at an altitude of 1250 meters, Kalimpong is a beautiful town set against the backdrop of mighty Kanchenjunga offering a relaxed getaway.
- Some worth-visiting places in Kalimpong are Deolo Hills, Durpin Dara hill, Cactus nursery, Galingka, Teesta river rafting, Morgan House and many more.
For booking and know more about five best weekend getaways from Kolkata click on book now button.
Recommended Reading: Best five weekend getaways from Chennai