Five Best Weekend Getaways From Mumbai – Though Mumbai is all vibrant and dynamic, there are times when even Mumbaikars feel the urge to move out of the hustle bustle of busy city life to relax themselves in a more serene and calm place.
Here’re are five best weekend getaways from Mumbai that you can explore during long weekends.
1. Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- 60 km off Mumbai, Karnala Bird Sanctuary, located on Mumbai-Goa highway is an ideal picnic spot for wildlife lovers.
- Spread over 4.8 sq km, it houses as many as 150 resident bird species and 37 avian migrants.
- Once here, you can indulge in various activities including trekking, walking amidst the rose garden and bird watching. Also, don’t forget to visit the botanical garden.
- Open from sunrise to sunset, there is a minimal charge of INR 30 for adults and INR 15 for children below 13 years of age.
- A Konkan town, Karjat is roughly 60 km away from Mumbai and is famous for scenic beauty, forts, ancient rock-cut temples and mountains.
- Indulge in activities like trekking, rock climbing, whitewater rafting, waterfall climbing, boating and rappelling. The trekking trails In Karjat vary from moderately difficult to extremely treacherous.
- The other destinations that are worth-visiting in Karjat are BhorGhat, Ulhas Valley, Peth Fort and Kondana Caves.
- 83 km off Mumbai, Matheran is located at an elevation of 2516 feet above sea level. It is famous for unadulterated ambiance, lush pastures and tranquil environment.
- Indulge in activities like trekking, walking, horse riding, valley crossing and sightseeing. Don’t forget to take a ride on Neral-Matheran toy train.
- Other worth-visiting destinations in Matheran include Panorama Point, Malang point, Luisa Point, Echo point, Heart Point, One Tree Hill, Lords Point and Charlotte points among others.
- The twin hill resorts Lonavala and Khandala have located about 90 km from Mumbai and is a perfect weekend getaway if you’re a trekking, camping or shopping fan.
- Some of the worth-visiting destinations around here include Korigad Fort, Tiger’s Leap, Duke’s Nose, Lohagad, Karla &Bhaja Caves, Pawna Lake, Besda Caves among others.
- Located 95 km away from Mumbai, Alibaug is a very famous beach destination that can be reached via ferry or road.
- Being a beach weekend getaway, it is an ideal destination for beach babies who are extremely fond of water sports because Alibaug offers all sorts water activities.
- The other worth-visiting destinations in Alibaug include Varsoli Beach, Alibaug Fort, Kankeshwar Temple, KolabaFort, Nagaon Beach, Kihim Beach and Hirakot fort among others.
For booking and know more about five best weekend getaways from Mumbai click on enquire now button.
Recommended Reading: Best five places to visit in Kangra