These are the best places to visit in April in India.
The month of April brings with it the radiant Sun and cozy summer breeze, which opens avenues to visit many beautiful places in India. These places will leave you spellbound with their mesmerizing views and pleasant weather.
Let’s have a look at the best places to visit in April in India:
Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- Located in the Bay of Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands is an extensive group of islands which consists about 600 islands, out of which only 36 are inhabited.
- Supported by a world-class diving facility, Andaman and Nicobar Islands boasts of a huge array of water sports activities making it one of the best holiday destinations in April for families.
- For relaxed vacations, crystal blue waters, clear skies, and soft white-sand beaches, one should definitely visit this place.
- The nearest airport is Port Blair, the capital city of Andaman Islands that connects the Andaman Islands from the nearby domestic airports.
- Coorg is a popular tourist destination located in the Southern Karnataka which is also known as Kodagu.
- Namdroling Monastery, Golden Temple, Iruppu Falls, Abbey Falls, Nagarhole National Park, and Nisargadhama Forest are major attractions of the tourists.
- In Coorg, you can do activities like Microlight flying, river rafting in Barapole, rafting in Dubare, trek to Tadiandamol, explore the awesome Chelavara Falls and more.
- The nearest railway stations are Thalassery and Kannur in Kerala and Mangalore, Mysore and Hassan are the nearest in Karnataka.
- The closest airport to Madikeri is Kannur International Airport in Kannur district of Kerala which is at a distance of 90 Km from Madikeri town and 60 km from Virajpet.
Must Read; उत्तराखंड की इन जगहों पर ज़रूर जाएं
- Ooty is also famed as the ‘Queen of the Hills’. It is the most famous hill stations of Southern India. It is surrounded by the Blue Mountains of the Nilgiri ranges.
- Ooty attracts travelers from all around the world with its charm and its lush greenery complements the colonial architecture perfectly.
- Weather can be unpredictable in Ooty though summers are preferable for sightseeing and the average temperature ranges from 12°C to 25°C.
- The nearest airport is Coimbatore for Ooty which is about 96 kilometers away. There are also local buses for Ooty from Coimbatore main bus stand and you can reach in about 5 hours.
- Kashmir always tops the charts being a natural paradise, whenever there’s a mention of top places to visit in India in April; Kashmir always tops the charts being a natural paradise.
- The weather of Kashmir during the month of April is a little dry but it can rain anytime. The temperature ranges usually from 14°C to 21°C in April.
- Major Attractions for the tourist is generally Jammu city, Srinagar, Leh, Gulmarg, Kupwara, Sonamarg, Doda, Pulwama, Pahalgam and many more.
- Travelers can take domestic flights from major cities in India till Srinagar domestic airport. Jammu is the nearest railway station which is located 290 kilometers from the city.
Must Read; Five traditional dishes of Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh is one of the most popular destinations in India where your vacation finds the supernal definition of nature at its best.
- It holds a destiny where the horizon is said to be celestial and placed in between the lofty mountains.
- In Himachal, there are many popular hill stations like Manali, Kasol, Dharamshala, Shimla, Dalhousie, Manikaran, Malana and many more.
- Along with these hill stations, there are many remote villages, lakes, national parks and wildlife sanctuaries that are worth a visit.
Mount Abu, Rajasthan:
- Mount Abu is a hill station in India’s western state of Rajasthan which is one of the best places to visit in April.
- Days are pleasant and nights are generally cool here. The Monsoon offers moderate showers and provides you with the best view of the lush green forests.
- Camel festival is one of the most attractive Mount Abu festivals that attract a large number of tourists every year.
- The nearest railway station at just 28 km from the main city is Abu road railway station, which is very well connected by rail routes to New Delhi, Ahmadabad, Jaipur, and Mumbai.
Recommended Reading; Five Best Hill Stations in India