Planning to visit Dharamshala, here are the best places to visit in Dharamshala that can help you explore most of it in less time.
Dharamshala is known as the home of Dalai Lama of Tibet. Surrounded by the hills, it is one of the most peaceful places that will remain in your heart forever for its pristine beauty and great spiritual significance. It has so much to offer from churches to temples, monasteries to cricket stadiums. You can also find some absolutely amazing and aesthetic cafés to chill, relax and have a good conversation with people coming from around the globe to explore this hill station.
Must Read: five Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
The list of the best places to visit in Dharamshala goes like this.
St. John in the wilderness church:
- Built-in 1852 the church is dedicated to John the Baptist, its located at Forsyth Ganj.
- It’s a 30-minute walk from the main town and opens at 9 AM.
- Located amidst the picturesque surroundings, the church is even more enchanting from inside. There is a large Christian Cemetery nearby.
Note: The church survived the 1905 Kangra earthquake, which killed almost 19800 people and injured thousands of people.
- It is one of the most famous monasteries there. It is known for the study of Tantric meditations, ritual arts and philosophy. Shakyamuni Buddha is worshipped here.
- Tibetan food and Cultural show are the main attractions of this place.
- It’s a perfect place for trekking with an amazing view of the entire Kangra valley. It is located about 10 kilometres from McLeod Ganj.
- Many of the trekkers say that the night at Triund is better than the day, because of the clear starry sky that you cannot experience everywhere. You can hire two-man tent in just rupees 500 if you wish to stay the night up in the valley.
Dharamshala cricket stadium:
- It’s the highest sports ground in the world, located at the height of 1457 kms above the sea level.
- This stadium serves as the practice ground for Indian Cricket Team and IPL matches with a seating capacity of approx. 23,000 people.
Dalai Lama Temple:
- The temple is also known as the Tsuglakhang temple. Dalai Lama visits this place thrice a year to bless his devotees.
- This temple is famous for its beauty and there are many large statues of Buddha.
- The temple is open from 8 AM to 8 PM. You can find many museums and libraries in this temple.
On 19 January 2017, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh declared Dharamshala as the second capital of Himachal Pradesh.
For more stories like the best places to visit in Dharamshala , Like and subscribe to tentaran.com.