Planning a trip to Goa and do not know where to visit. We will help you find the best places to visit in Goa.
Goa is an idyllic place to visit when you are looking for a place to unwind and chill at the same time. It offers a variety of places with varied experiences like from historical forts to palaces, beaches to luxury cruise, historical museums to ancient churches and so on. It has everything that you can ask for from an excellent holiday destination. Goan cuisine is equally mouth-watering and scrumptious. If you are a seafood lover, this place can offer you the freshest and most delicious seafood.
Let’s have a look at some of the best places to visit in Goa.
Reis Magos Fort:
- A historical marvel which depicts the ancient war weapons and other historical references about the invasion of Goa by Portuguese, Dutch and British.
- From the top, you can see the river Mandovi meeting the sea. On a sunny afternoon, the sky appears bright blue and the sea water appears like glittering crystals.
- Since, the fort is at an elevation from the ground, for senior citizens, a golf car is also available to roam the fort.
- A Portuguese fort that belongs to the 17th century located on the banks of Sinquerim Beach in North Goa.
- One of the major attractions is the lighthouse built in 1864 standing 13-metre-tall.
- Another attraction is the vaulted cistern that can store approx. ten million litres of water, meant to store water for ships that rested at the fort. It has now been converted into jail and serves to be the largest jail in Goa.
Basilica of Bom Jesus
- A UNESCO World Heritage site, it is a must visit as it depicts the ancient Goan legacy.
- The church has the preserved mortal remains of Saint Francis Xavier which has a great significance and people from far off places come to visit this place.
- Saint Francis Xavier was lovingly called as Bom Jesus and a grant feast is organized annually on his death anniversary. Once every ten years, they bring down the body for public view.
Must read: Major Events of Goa
Pandava caves and Arvalem Waterfalls
- The caves date back to the 6th century which makes it even more intriguing and a naturalistic place to visit.
- There is also a ‘Linga’ inside which gives it a religious significance.
- Close to the caves is the Arvalem waterfalls and it is a pleasant view altogether.
Naval Aviation Museum
- Being the only Naval Aviation Museum in India makes it an even more interesting site to visit.
- The place can satiate the curiosity of people fascinated by huge aircraft, rockets, helicopters, etc.
- You can plan a visit to this place if you are fond of exploring the ways of the Defence and their mega gadgets.
- A UNESCO World Heritage site, it is one of the largest churches of Asia, the construction of which took prodigious 80 years.
- Dedicated to Saint Catherine, it is also known as Sé Cathedral de Santa Catarina.
- The Church includes five huge bells. The most famous and largest of them is the Golden Bell; the largest bell in Goa and one of the largest in Asia.
These are some of the best places to visit in Goa. Make sure you plan your journey in such a way, that there is ample time to visit these places and experience the profundity of Goa. Contact us if you need any assistance in trip planning. Click Here
For more details on the best places to visit in Goa and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.