Bollywood celebrities who have contributed to social causes
Do you know about these Bollywood celebrities who have contributed to social causes?
When it comes to Indian celebrities, they have a large fan following as well as a large heart. Undoubtedly they earn in millions and even more, but to be generous enough to give it back to society is another thing. We have tried to list a few of the many donations and other charities done by them.
Must Read: बॉलीवुड स्टार्स जिनकी लड़ाई के चर्चे हर जगह रहे
Here are some of the Bollywood celebrities who have contributed to social causes:
- Akshay’s team donated Rs 15 lakh to 30 widows on his behalf which helped 180 families of farmers who committed suicide in drought-hit Marathwada.
- He had also donated Rs 9 lakh each to families of 12 CRPF men killed in Pulwama Attacks.
- He also launched a martial arts school to provide self-defence training to women for free in Mumbai and has trained over 4000 women.
Shah Rukh Khan:
- King Khan, Shah Rukh Khan donated Rs 33 lakhs and other medical support to Kerala flood relief fund.
- He has donated Rs 15 crores, which is the entire prize money of IPL7 to Cancer Patients.
- In the year 2012, the actor adopted 12 villages and even today takes care of all the people of those villages.
- He is the only Indian to have received an award from UNESCO for his charitable deeds.
Must Read: Best Child Actors of Indian Television
- The stunning, Ranbir Kapoor is the vice-captain of the All Stars Football Club which raises money for charity.
- He is also the goodwill ambassador of ‘Mijwan Welfare Society’ of Shabana Azmi which works for girls’ education.
- He is the campaign ambassador for NDTV’s Marks for Sports, to promote fitness and health for the people of India.
- In 2013, he donated the money from an eBay auction to ‘Save the Children’ which raised funds for flood-affected households in Uttarakhand.
- One of the Bollywood’s sexiest actors, John Abraham is well known for his love for animals. That’s the reason why he is so closely associated with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- He has his own ‘John’s Brigade’, providing shelter to the homeless and needy.
- He was also related with the famous Lilavati hospital of Mumbai where he had donated Rs 10 lakhs to the hospital funds.
Must Read: Bollywood celebrities and their adorable pets
- Nana Patekar believes in leading a very simple life. He had donated Rs 15000 each to the widows of the farmers of Maharashtra who had committed suicide due to the drought.
- He also has a foundation with a co-actor which has collected Rs 22 crores from the public for farmer welfare.
- He has donated about 90% of his earnings of the last 30 years to charity.
- Salman Khan runs a foundation ‘Being Human’. He had once announced on twitter saying ‘Being human’ foundation will give free treatment to heart patients.
- This foundation has donated more than Rs 12 crores and adopted several villages in Maharashtra and outside states. It helps underprivileged children with a better education.
- He announced that he will be selling paintings made by him and the amount collected will be used for charity.
Must Read: Forbes India Celebrity List, Guess who is on the Top!
- Gul Panag is a wonderful human being and currently, she runs Colonel Shamsher Singh Foundation which concentrates on gender equality, education and disaster management.
- She has also been a part of Shraddha, a school for autistic adults.
- She participated in India against Corruption movement, Green Commandos- an initiative to save the environment.
- Having battled depression herself, Deepika Padukone founded ‘The Live Love Laugh Foundation’ to raise awareness about psychological disorders like anxiety and depression.
- As a part of NDTV’s Greenathon initiative, she adopted a village named, Ambegaon in Maharashtra.
- She is also the brand ambassador of the NGO, ‘Indian Psychiatry Society’ and also took part in the World 10K Bangalore Marathon, which raised money for 80 NGO’s.
- Priyanka Chopra is running her own foundation known as –‘The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Education and Health’ which provides education to underprivileged children.
- She donates 10% of her annual income to this foundation and is also a member of ‘Save the Girl’ campaign.
- She has been a member and Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF since 2006.
- She also decided to donate her organs after her death in order to promote organ donation.
Must Read: Interesting Facts about Priyanka Chopra
- Rahul Bose is the first Bollywood celebrity to become the Oxfam Global Ambassador.
- He founded an organization ‘the Group of Groups’ which is an umbrella organization and has about 51 charitable organizations and NGO clusters in Mumbai under it.
- He also founded a new NGO ‘Names Foundation’ that focuses on the education of children with low economic backgrounds in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Dia Mirza has been actively promoting and creating awareness about environmental issues.
- She has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) and is a member of NGOs like PETA and CRY (Child Rights and You).
- She is also involved with the Andhra Pradesh government spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS and female feticides.
Recommended Reading: Interesting facts about Sudha Murthy
For more articles like Bollywood Celebrities who have contributed to social causes, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.