The life of Bollywood stars is very much like an open book and we tend to know a lot of things that they don’t officially announce. There are ample examples of Bollywood couples who got engaged but never married each other. From veteran Bollywood actor Salman Khan to Akshay Kumar, from raveena Tandon to Karisma Kapoor, the love life of these celebrated personalities is no less than a rollercoaster ride.
We have come up with a list of some of the Bollywood couples who got engaged but never married each other.
Salman Khan and Sangeeta Bijlani:
- Salman Khan and Sangeeta Bijlani was a well-known couple of their time (in the 90s).
- As per Salman’s biography, ‘Being Salman’, the couple even decided their wedding dates.
- But, unfortunately, the wedding was cancelled at the last minute. Reports declared that Sangeeta was upset with Salman since he had cheated on her and chose not to wed him.
Raveena Tandon and Akshay Kumar:
- Raveena and Akshay’s chemistry not just sizzled in the song ‘Tip Tip Barsa Paani’,but the couple was frantically infatuated with each other.
- It began on the sets of film ‘Mohra’ in 1994. Raveena uncovered that they both got engaged in a mandir.
- But because of Akshay Kumar’s connection with other actresses, Raveena bid a final farewell to him and went onto marry Anil Thadani.
Karisma Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan:
- Karisma Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan were in a relationship for a long time.
- They both wanted to marry each other and their families were also in favour of it. In fact, both the families had also mutually decided their engagement dates.
- In 2002, on Amitabh Bachchan’s birthday, both of them had got engaged.
- After some time, there aroused some issue between the two and they called off the engagement.
- Karisma then got married to businessman Sanjay Kapoor.
Vivek Oberoi and Gurpreet Gill:
- Before entering showbiz, Vivek was in a relationship with Gurpreet Gill. It is believed that Vivek’s busy schedule made contrasts between the lives of the two and the engagement was cancelled.
- Gurpreet has also worked in many films such as Happy Go Lucky, Ek Kudi Punjab Diya, etc.
- Later on, Vivek went onto marry Priyanka Alva in 2010.
Upen Patel and Karisma Tanna:
- Model and actor Upen Patel and Karisma Tanna’s love story started during the Indian reality show ‘Big Boss’.
- Later, both of them appeared in MTV School and a famous reality dance show, Nach Baliye.
- They had also got engaged, but later the couple fell apart.
Neil Nitin Mukesh and Priyanka Bhatia:
- Neil Nitin Mukesh and Priyanka Bhatia dated each other for about two years.
- The couple was about to get married. But, Neil put an end to his relationship with Priyanka.
Recommended Reading: सलमान खान इस एक्ट्रेस की माँ से करना चाहते थे शादी