Tips for visiting Taj Mahal and Agra – Now that you are all set to visit Agra and looking forward to go to the world famous Taj Mahal, I am giving below some tips for visiting Taj Mahal as also precautions to take while at Agra so that you can make the most of your trip. The foremost, remember Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays.
Tips for visiting Taj Mahal and Agra
- You will have to wear shoe covers which will be given to you with ticket.
- Reach as early as possible.
- Try to catch a glimpse on either sunrise or sunset for amazing views.
- Be ready to face the crowd.
- There are a few entry gates.
- You can buy entry tickets from the entry gates or online.
- Eatables are not allowed inside the premises.
- Photography is prohibited inside the main mausoleum.
- Tripods are not allowed inside.
- Lighters or anything sharp, flammable items, tobacco products are not allowed.
- Summers (March-July) are very hot so wear loose cotton clothes covering your arms and legs.
- Carry a scarf or stole to cover your head as it gets very hot during summers.
- Wear comfortable shoes, preferably flats as you would need to walk a lot, specially at Agra Fort.
- If you happen to attend the Light & Sound show at Agra Fort, do apply mosquito repellent cream and carry a small torch.
- As soon as you are near Taj Mahal, you will be surrounded by many people claiming to be the Guide. If you want to hire one, do check his id card if he is a Government certified guide.
- Far too many photographers will approach you outside and inside the Taj Mahal area to get your photos clicked. If you feel interested, make sure to tell them beforehand the number of pictures you want to be taken and fix the rate, else you may end up paying huge money for far too many pictures they shall keep clicking.
- If you like something from the shops near Taj Mahal, you will have enough margin to bargain.
- If you hire local auto rickshaw, the driver will try his best to make you agree to visit some so called “handicraft emporium” for authentic shopping. Don’t get fooled. He would just be trying to earn commission from whatever you shop at that place.
- Going to Sadar Bazaar? Again they may try to trick you by showing some closed shops in the backlane saying that it’s closed or some other lame excuse. Tell them to drop you near Mama Franky at Sadar Bazaar and insist he drops you there only.
- Now about the famous Petha – The only original ‘Panchi’ petha shop is at Sadar Bazaar. Rest all are either sold after being bought from there (I doubt it) or are local products with ‘Panchi’ written in a lookalike manner.
For booking and know more about Tips for visiting Taj Mahal and Agra click on enquire now button.
Recommended Reading: Places to visit in Agra in one day