Know Diwali Lakshmi puja timing 2020, Diwali 2020 puja time, laxmi puja time 2020, diwali puja muhurat, significance of diwali puja and how to do diwali puja. Diwali or Deepawali is the brightest and a major festival of Hindus. It is called the festival of lights as deep means “light” and Deepawali means “a row of lights.” In most parts of India, Diwali is celebrated for four days. The festival of Diwali occurs in late October or early November. It falls on the 15th day of the Hindu month of Kartik, so the date changes every year. Dates change but the celebration of this festival, enjoyment, and zeal remains the same.
How Diwali is celebrated? – Diwali Lakshmi puja timing 2020
The Significance of Diwali- Diwali is celebrated to honor the seventh incarnation of the God Vishnu called god Rama. It is believed that on this day god Rama returned to his birthplace Ayodhya after 14 years of exile. He fought and won the battle against the demon king, Ravana who had kidnapped his wife Devi Sita. On his return, the people of Ayodhya decorated the city of Ayodhya with lights and diyas.
How is Diwali celebrated? – Diwali Lakshmi puja timing
Celebrations of diwali– People clean their house and decorate their homes with flowers, lamps, diyas, and rangolis. People light crackers and perform Maha Lakshmi aarti at their homes. People also wear new clothes and give gifts and sweets to their relatives and friends. If you are confused about what to gift your loved ones on Diwali, here we have some super amazing and unique Diwali gift items for you.
Lakshmi puja timing on Diwali 2020/ Muhurat- Auspicious time for diwali puja- laxmi pujan time
Date- 14 November 2020
Laxmi puja muhurat 2020 is from 05.28 PM to 07.24 PM.
Pradosh Kaal – 05:28 PM to 08:07 PM
Vrishabha Kaal – 05:28 PM to 07:24 PM
Amavasya Tithi stars from 02:17 PM on 14 Nov
Amavasya Tithi Ends at 10:36 AM on 15 Nov
Must read: Lakshmi Mata aarti in English
How to perform Maha Lakshmi aarti on Diwali- how to do lakshmi puja
- Clean your house and purify it with Gangajal.
- Set up a platform and spread a red cloth on it. Keep a handful of grains in the center.
- Place a Kalash in the middle of the platform. Fill it half with water and put one supari, one marigold flower, a coin and some rice grains. Put 5 mango leaves in the Kalash and place them on the neck of the Kalash in a round shape.
- Place idols of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha. Lord Ganesha is worshipped first before any puja.
- Pour some panchamrit on the Ganesh and Lakshmi. Panchamrit is a mix of curd, desi ghee, honey, sugar, and gangajal.
- Pour fresh water on the idols.
- Apply a tilak of haldi and kumkum to the idols.
- Light a char mukhi diya in front of the idols.
- Offer some flowers to each of them.
Diwali Lakshmi puja timing
- If possible, offer a full Lotus flower to Lakshmi mata. If not, then you can also offer a full red rose.
- Offer mauli (red puja thread) to Ganesh and Laxmi.
- Offer a pan (pan leaf with supari, green cardamom and clove).
- Recite Ganesh mantra and/or aarti.
- Recite the Diwali puja mantra of goddess Lakshmi or just chant her name and meditate for few minutes to invoke her. Do Lakshmi aarti.
- After performing aarti, offer batasha, kheel, khilona, kheel laddoo, fruits and sweets to gods.
If you find it difficult to find any of the stuff or you want to skip any steps above, you can do that as there are no strict rules to worship the gods. After all, it’s the devotion and pure thoughts that matter.
May Goddess Lakshmi bless you all.
Do remember that the above given Diwali puja time 2020 and diwali laxmi puja time 2020 are as given in the Panchang.