Rajasthan, the Land of Maharajas (Kings) still Evokes the grandeur past in each of its city. The State attracts people across borders to experience the majestic sand dunes of the Thar Desert, Picturesque forts and lakes in different cities and stunning cultural heritage.
Here is the guide to some of the famous cities or combination of cities of Rajasthan for you to have an unforgettable outing next time you are here.
Jaipur the Capital city of Rajasthan is popularly known as the Pink city due to the exclusive stones used in the walled city. The city is soaked with history and culture, which can be clearly seen in its Havelis, forts, bazaars and lakes.
Must visit- Amer fort, Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Nahargarh Fort, Chowki Dhani and Laxmi Narayan Temple.
Udaipur is popularly known as the white city of Rajasthan is the land of Kings. The city is nestled in lakes, Aravali Mountains and Beautiful Temples. Udaipur is a renowned as the best Honeymoon Destination.
Must Visit- City Palace, Lake Pichola, Lake Palace, Jag Mandir, Jagdish Temple, Lake Fatehsagar, Saheliyon ki Bari, Bhartiya Lok Kala Museum, Ahar, Ambrai Ghat, Sajjangarh Palace also known as monsoon palace and Kumbalgarh fort.
Jodhpur is the second largest city in Rajasthan is nicknamed as Blue city or Sun city. This city of magnificent forts and palaces is divided into old city and the new city.
Must Visit: Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada, Balsamand Lake, Kailana Lake, Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum, Mandore Garden, Siddhanth Shiv Temple and Masuriya Hill garden
Jaisalmer is popularly known as the Golden City of Rajasthan. The City tells famous tales of courageous rulers and bygone era. Located deep in the Thar Desert is the city of undaunted spirits that keeps attracting the traveller.
Must visit- Jaisalmer Fort, Bada Bagh, Patwon Ki Haveli, sam sand dunes, Thar heritage museum, gadisar lake, silk route art gallery, stay in a camp in sam sand dunes, or Visit Indo-Pak Border
Other cities that can be visited
- Bikaner – Fort Junagarh fort and Karni Mata Temple
- Ajmer– For Ajmer Sharif Dargah
- Kota– Chambal Garden and seven wonders park
- Mandawa-For Mandawa Fort and other Havelis.
- Alwar– For Bhangar Fort, Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chittorgarh- For Chittorgarh Fort
- Bharatpur– For Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary
- Neemrana– For Neemrana Fort
- Pushkar- Pushkar Lake and Brahma Temple
- 1 night Jaipur- 1 night Udaipur
- 1 night Udaipur- 1 nights Jaisalmer
- 2 nights Jaipur
- 1 night Jaipur- day trip to Pushkar and Ajmer Sharif
- Desert triangle: Bikaner- Jodhpur-Jaisalmer
- Day trip to Neemrana from Delhi
The tour may be customised with major inclusions like Hotel, Meals, Transfer and sightseeing as per budget or total people travelling or Duration of the trip.
Best time to visit Rajasthan: October- March