Aamir Khan was born on 14th March 1965 to Tahir Hussain and Zeenat Hussain in Mumbai. Khan is known as the Mr Perfectionist of Bollywood. He is the most versatile actor and has experimented with roles he played onscreen – from playing a college student to the father of young girls.
Here are some lesser known facts about Aamir Khan:
- Aamir Khan’s full name is Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan.
- Khan first appeared on screen in 1973 as a child actor in his Uncle Nasir Hussain’s film Yaadon Ki Baaraat.
- He played tennis and became a state-level champion.
- His first feature film as an adult was Holi (1984), and he began a full-time acting career with a leading role in the tragic romantic movie Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak in 1988.
- The budget of this movie was so less along with a team member Aamir himself put the film posters on buses and auto rickshaws for the promotion.
- After the success of his movie ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’, he purchased a new car, Maruti 800 and a new flat in the same building where he was staying with his parents.
- Aamir has achieved success on the small screen as well and his talk show Satyamev Jayate has been a super hit.
- To shoot a song for the film, Baazi, he had waxed his entire body.
- In the movie ‘Ghulam’, he did not bathe for many days just to do justice with his role.
- Aamir Khan is a prankster and the worst victim of Aamir’s pranks has been his Ishq co-star Juhi Chawla. Once Juhi was so irritated with the pranks that she walked out of the movie set.
- In 2003, Khan was honoured by the Government of India with the Padma Shri and the Padma Bhushan in 2010.
- He received a “National Treasure of India” award from the Government of China in 2017.
- Aamir Khan was appointed a UNICEF National Ambassador in November 2011 against malnutrition.