Facts about Ayushmann Khurrana – The Dream girl star, Ayushmann Khurrana was born on 14 September 1984 as Nishant Khurrana. Khurrana is an Indian actor, television host, and singer. He is known for playing different roles in the films including the role of a bald man, sperm donor, plagued with dysfunction, and many others. Ayushmann has received several awards, including a National Film Award and three Filmfare Awards. Here are some facts about Ayushmann Khurrana.
Early life and education – facts about Ayushmann Khurrana
- Khurrana was born in Chandigarh to Anita and P. Khurrana. When he was 3, his parents changed his name to Ayushmann Khurrana.
- He did his schooling from St. John’s High School and DAV College in Chandigarh. He did his master’s degree in Mass Communication from the School of Communication Studies, Punjab University.
- During his college days, he did theatre for five years. He used to act in various street plays. He even won prizes in national college festivals such as Mood Indigo (IIT Bombay), OASIS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani).
facts about Ayushmann Khurrana
Television shows and films
- Ayushmann was first noticed in 2002, at the age of 17 on TV in a reality show on Channel V; PopStars. Then in 2004, he won season 2 of the famous show Roadies.
- After completing his graduation and post-graduation in Journalism, he did his first job as RJ at BIG FM, Delhi. He hosted the show Big Chai – Maan Na Maan and Main Tera Ayushmann.
- He also worked in many other MTV shows such as Cheque De India, MTV Fully Faltoo Movies, and Jaadoo Ek Baar.
- In 2012, Khurrana made his film debut with the romantic comedy Vicky Donor in which he played the role of a sperm donor. The film earned him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. After the success of Vicky Donor, he gave many super hit films.
- In addition to acting, Khurrana has sung many songs for his films, including “Pani Da Rang”, for which he achieved Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer.
- His choice of script is highly appreciated as he is the among the limited number of actors in Bollywood whose character isn’t conventionally macho, but the script and role is very motivational and satisfying.
Facts about Ayushmann Khurrana- Movies
- Some of his best films are Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015), Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017), Shubh Mangal Saavdhan (2017), Badhaai Ho (2018), Andhadhun (2018), Dream Girl (2019), Article 15 (2019), and Bala (2019).
facts about Ayushmann Khurrana
Family and personal life
- Ayushmann is completely a family man. Ayushmann’s brother Aparshakti Khurana is a radio jockey and has appeared in various in Hindi films such as Dangal, Stree and Luka Chuppi.
- Ayushmann Khurrana and wife Tahira Kashyap started dating in college and later in 2008, they got married. The couple has two children, son Virajveer and daughter Varushka.
- A year back, Ayushmann Khurrana’s wife Tahira Kashyap was diagnosed with Breast cancer. In an interview, Khurrana said that he learned about his wife’s cancer on his birthday and it was a very difficult phase for him. He spent his birthday with her at the hospital.
- He said it was very difficult to manage my shoot and family together. It was hard to see my wife suffering. But Ayushmann stood with her like a rock. Tahira had a successful surgery and is back with a bang.
Ayushmann Khuranna will next be seen in the sequel of Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan which is a story of a conservative family struggling to accept the fact that their son is gay.