Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja, popularly known as Ravindra Jadeja, nicknamed ‘Sir’ was born on 6th December 1988. Facts state that Ravindra Jadeja was born to a Rajput family that lives in Jamnagar. His father worked with a security agency. Below are some more interesting facts about Ravindra Jadeja and also Ravindra Jadeja scores, batting and fielding average, wickets taken and other records.
- He faced tough times at the beginning of his career by surviving on very little money.
- Jadeja played and made his mark in many domestic tournaments before debuting in the Under 19 Indian Cricket Team in 2008. Their team won the World Cup, 2008.
- Received Madhavrao Scindia Award for most wickets in Ranji Trophy in 2008–09.
- He was picked up by Rajasthan Royals for IPL in 2008.
- In 2013, after a few months of the Champions Trophy, he topped the ICC ODI ranking as the number one bowler. He is the first Indian bowler to have earned this ranking after Anil Kumble in 1996.
- Jadeja ranked 2nd in ICC Top 10 Test all-rounders of 2018.
Also read: Facts about Rashid Khan the Afghan cricketer
Some more facts about Ravindra Jadeja
- MS Dhoni always believed in his talent and supported him which ultimately lead to his success.
- He also had his own share of downfall and was once criticized by the media and the general public. He was also trolled on social media for some of his bad performances.
- Nevertheless, Ravindra Jadeja came over his downfall and attained higher graphs in his career in 2016 and 2017 (the best years of his career).
- He scored 97 wickets from 38 innings. He was also ranked the top all-rounder and bowler for his performances throughout the season in 2016-17.
Must read: Yuzvendra Chahal career and achievements
- Ravindra has a record of scoring triple centuries for Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy.
- Not only this, but he was also selected for the Indian Premier League (IPL) by the Rajasthan Royals.
- He has also been one of the highest bided players. He made a move from Kochi Tuskers Kerala to Chennai Super Kings after being bought over with a huge price hike.
There are some more facts about Ravindra Jadeja, which you probably might have never imagined about him:
- Jadeja has a passion for horse riding which is known as being his favorite time pass over the past couple of years.
- He owns five horses including three steeds.
- He has a farmhouse in Pasaya village near his hometown Jamnagar.
- It is also true that he has a very sharp memory and was always interested in studies. His father wanted him to join the army.
facts of Ravindra Jadeja – Scores – Career Statistics – Batting and Fielding average
Recommended articles: Jasprit Bumrah Facts, Records And Achievements