Facts to know about Sonam Kapoor, the ultimate fashion Diva. Sonam Kapoor Ahuja is a well-known name of Bollywood. Born on 9 June 1985 to Sunita and Anil Kapoor, she has given some big hits. She has received Filmfare and a National Film Award.
Facts to know about Sonam Kapoor
- When Sonam was just one month old, her family moved to Juhu. She completed her education from Arya Vidya Mandir School in Juhu. She used to play rugby and basketball and is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Wanting to be self-dependent, Sonam started earning from a very young age. When she was 15, she started her first job as a waitress but it lasted only a week.
- As a teenager, she struggled with her weight, she weighed about 80 kilograms. In an interview, she said that she was unhealthy, had bad skin, and had high hair growing on her face. She was also diagnosed with insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian.
- Kapoor joined the United World College of South East Asia in Singapore for her pre-university education, where she studied theatre and arts.
- Sonam originally wanted to be a director and writer. She expressed her desire to her father and on her father’s recommendation, she assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the movie ‘Black’.
- During the production of Black, she developed an interest in acting. Bhansali professed that he wanted to cast her in his next film, Saawariya. But for the movie, she was advised to lose weight.
- Sonam studied acting with Roshan Taneja, Jayati Bhatia, and Feroz Abbas Khan and lost 35 kilograms in two years.
More facts to know about Sonam Kapoor, the ultimate fashion Diva
Must Read: Bollywood celebrities with strange obsession
- Her first film, Saawariya was released in 2007 opposite Ranbir Kapoor. The film proved to be a major disaster and the movie failed at the box office. But, for Saawariya, she won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut nomination and the Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow – Female.
- In 2009, she worked in ‘Delhi 6’ opposite Abhishek Bachchan but this movie also didn’t turn out to be a blockbuster. Some of the songs from the movie went quite popular.
- After that, she worked in many films like I Hate Luv Storys, Aisha, Mausam, and Players. In 2013, she was seen in Raanjhanaa, which was a turning point in her career. She earned the Best Actress nomination for the movie. After that, she worked in many films like Khoobsurat, Dolly Ki Doli, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Neerja, Sanju, Veere Di Wedding, and Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga.
- Kapoor supports LGBT rights and works towards awareness of breast cancer. She is married to businessman Anand Ahuja.
- On 8 May 2018, Kapoor married Anand Ahuja, an Indian businessman in a traditional Sikh ceremony in Bandra.
- In an interview, Sonam revealed that she is a foodie and loves desi homemade and street food.