Here are some facts you need to know about Parrupali Kashyap.
Parrupali Kashyap is a badminton player from India who was born on 8th September 1986 in Hyderabad. His father, Uday Shankar had a transferable job due to which they had to switch places frequently. He has been in news for getting married to Indian badminton player Saina Nehwal recently (as of December 2018).
Facts you need to know about Parrupali Kashyap:
- Parrupalli Kashyap started playing badminton at a young age of 11 as a hobby but then his hobby became his passion gradually.
- In 2004, Parrupali was diagnosed with asthma which came as a shock to him but with appropriate medication, his condition improved. His determination helped him overcome his problem and to pursue his career into sports.
- He did his training at Gopichand Badminton Academy at Hyderabad, under Pullela Gopichand, a former All England Badminton Champion.
- He then received training from Padukone Academy in Bangalore for 3 years.
- He started playing international tournaments from 2006.
- In Commonwealth Games 2010, he reached semifinals but lost to Rajiv Ouseph of England but won the bronze medal against Chetan Anand.
- In 2012, he reached till Quarterfinals of men’s singles at London Olympics as he was the only male player from India to achieve this.
- He was awarded Arjuna Award in the year 2012.
- In Commonwealth Games 2014, he created history by winning a gold medal for India after 32 years in Men’s Singles in Commonwealth games.
- He married his longtime friend Saina Nehwal on 14 December 2018 in a Private Ceremony.
- Saina and Parrupalli met at Gopichand Academy, where they started dating each other.
- According to Hyderabad Times, he was ranked 8th on the most desirable men 2014.
We wish him luck for his career and his married life!!