Falguni Shane Peacock, the husband-wife duo is recognized for taking Indian fashion to Hollywood circuits, with their glamorous and spectacular designs. Falguni and Shane Peacock are famous for creating fantasy themed dreamy and dramatic designs that make a rock star like a statement.
Things to know about Falguni Shane Peacock:
- Falguni Shane Peacock has designed outfits for renowned international figures like Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga, and believes that it’s always fun to make clothes for both ‘desi’ and ‘videshi’ stars. Their ardent attention to detail and the agenda of introducing spectacular contrast highlights them in the fashion industry.
- The duo has built a career in fashion by following their set of rules. The secret of their success is the unique styling and finesse they give to each piece making it nothing less than a luxury.
- Their prêt (ready-to-wear) label was launched in 2002 and the following year marked the opening of their flagship, which caters to both men and women.
- Their label creates stunning prêt, exquisite bridal collections, resort wears, sensible fashion for kids and evening wear.
- The duo’s signature style is contrast and glamour featuring intricate embroideries, sequin works, sheer fabrics, and bold prints.
- Their brand carries the signature use of feather, sequence and print. Fundamental to peacock culture is the combination of elements like Fragility and strength, tradition and modernity, fluidity and severity.
- They derive inspiration from the books they read or their surroundings and usually from the trips abroad. They often try and make time to see new places on their trips, even if they travel for work. It rejuvenates them and gives them a fresh perspective.
- The Peacock label has expanded in these years way beyond its horizon to a growing global brand for international iconic and glamorous multi-functional outfits.
- Since 2004, the designer duo created a wave in the markets in India and outside the country by showcasing at various international fashion weeks and dressing celebrities like Madonna, Katy Perry, Fergie, Nicole Scherzinger, Cheryl Cole, Naomie Harris, Shakira, and Beyonce Knowles.
- Jennifer Lopez is said to be one of the biggest lovers of their designs as the international fashion icon has been seen in their clothes on many occasions.
- From Indian celebrities, Sonakshi Sinha, Kangana Ranaut, Jacqueline Fernandez, Deepika Padukone, and Kareena Kapoor add up to their Indian clientele.
- Falguni and Shane Peacock received a Bharat Samman Award in 2014, which was constituted by the NRI Institute 27 years ago. The award is to recognize those who made India proud and it was for the first time, the NRI Institute gave an award to fashion designers for their work.
Must Read: Are you cut out for working in a startup?