Famous BJP women leaders – Women representation in the 17th Lok Sabha will be 14% or 77 out of 542, the highest ever till date. BJP has had many strong women leaders. People who can relate the names of Narendra Modi and Amit Shah with BJP can also relate names like Sushma Swaraj and Nirmala Sitharaman. Let’s find out some of the most famous BJP women leaders.
- BJP’s Nirmala Sitharaman is currently serving as the Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs.
- Sitharaman is India’s second female defence minister and also the second female Minister of Finance after Indira Gandhi.
- She joined BJP in 2008 and has also served as a national spokesperson for the BJP.
- Smriti Irani is a well-known BJP leader and Member of Parliament. She defeated President of Congress party Rahul Gandhi from Amethi in the 17th Lok Sabha elections 2019 by more than 55000 votes.
- An acclaimed TV actor, she has been associated with BJP since 2003.
- Smriti is now Minister of Textiles and Minister of Women and Child Development. She held the same portfolio during the first term of the Modi Government.
- Sushma Swaraj is a senior leader of BJP who served as the Minister of External Affairs of India from 26 May 2014 to 30 May 2019.
- When she was 25, she became the youngest cabinet minister of Haryana.
- Sushma Swaraj did not contest in 2019 Indian general election due to health issues as she was recovering from the kidney transplant.
- Pankaja Gopinath Munde is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party who is currently serving as the Minister of Rural Development, Women and Child Welfare as well as Guardian Minister for Beed district, Maharashtra.
- She comes from a political family and joined BJP in 2012.
Sadhvi Pragya Thakur
- Pragya Singh Thakur, popularly known as Sadhvi Pragya contested in 2019 Indian general election from Bhopal constituency against INC’s Digvijaya Singh. She won the election at a margin of 364,822 votes.
- She was an active member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad during her college days. She later joined RSS.
Famous BJP women leaders
- Renuka Singh was the member of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly from Premnagar Assembly constituency then Surguja district, during 2003-2008.
- On 30 May 2019, she took oath as the Minister of State in the Narendra Modi cabinet.
Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal took oath as the Union Cabinet Minister of Food Processing in the Government of India.
- She is a member of Shiromani Akali Dal which collaborated with BJP during Lok Sabha Election 2019.
- She got elected for the 3rd time in a row from Bathinda in 2019 Lok Sabha elections. She defeated INC’s candidate Amrinder Singh Raja with 21000 votes.
- Maneka Sanjay Gandhi served as the Union Minister of Women & Child Development from 2014 to 2019.
- She won against Chandra Bandra Singh in Lok Sabha 2019 from Sultanpur constituency.
- She is the wife of Lt.Sanjay Gandhi, son of Congress leader Mrs.Indira Gandhi.
- She is also an animal rights activist and environmentalist.