Looking for options to go for a trek or jungle safari in the Wildlife Sanctuaries of Himachal Pradesh? We got it all covered for you.
Himachal Pradesh is home to many wildlife sanctuaries and national parks where you can get a chance to explore rare species of animals and birds. It is highly rich in flora and fauna. Wildlife Sanctuaries and National parks provide good opportunities for visitors to enjoy the weirdness of the jungles.
Here are some of the national parks and wildlife sanctuaries of Himachal Pradesh:
Simbalbara Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Simbalbara Wildlife Sanctuary is a national park which is situated in Paonta Valley of Sirmour District, Himachal Pradesh.
- There are chances you can spot a Leopard, Spotted Dear, Goral and Chittal and other wildlife animals here.
- It is 87kms from Chandigarh and 63kms from Ambala, Haryana.
Must Read: Adventure Sports in Uttarakhand
Chail wild-life sanctuary:
- Chail wild-life sanctuary was established in 1976 and is one of the perfect destinations to explore nature and for animal lovers.
- A large number of reptiles, rhesus macaque, Himalayan black bear, and other animals are found here.
- Also, some of the endangered animal species are found in this sanctuary.
- It is advised not to visit this place in winter and rainy season.
- This place is highly covered with oak and deodar trees.
- It is 40kms from Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Himalayan National Park:
- It was established in 1984 and is 1600 meters above sea level.
- Along with animals and birds, this place is famous for rivers. These rivers are Jiwa, Sainj, Tirthan etc.
- There are also a number of adventure sports that take place here.
- All the animals are protected under the guidelines of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972. Hunting is not permitted here.
- Himalayan National Park is located 60kms from Kullu, Himachal Pradesh.
Manali Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Manali wildlife sanctuary is located in Himachal Pradesh, India.
- It is spread across 31.8 square kilometres and is covered with flora and fauna.
- For those who visit Manali, they must explore Manali wildlife sanctuary to experience nature at its best.
- Animals such as flying fox, bear, hyena, serow and Himalayan tahr are found here.
- It is 2kms away from Manali.
Pong Lake Sanctuary:
- Also known as Pong Dam, it is home to 27 varieties of fish.
- This sanctuary is a major attraction for migratory birds from the Siberian region during winters.
- It is located 65kms from Pathankot district and 115kms from Dharamshala.
So, if you are planning to visit Himachal Pradesh don’t forget to see these beauties of Jungle.