If you are a TV freak and always look for latest shows and series to watch, we have a list of some Famous TV series that you should not miss, so that you know who’s who of the TV series when your friends refer to certain characters or dialogues, or you can be the one flaunting the latest, wittiest, funniest dialogues to let your friends fill with an awe:
Must Read: 15 Friendly facts about FRIENDS Tv series
The Famous TV series that you shouldn’t miss are as follows:
- Game of Thrones– It is an American fantasy drama television series that deals with nine blue-blooded families fighting to gain control over the mythical lands of Westeros. Unlike any historical drama, it focuses more on battles, characters, political intrigue, and less on magic and sorcery. The first season was premiered in April 2011 in the United States on HBO while the seventh season was premiered in 2017, and the next season is to be premiered in 2019 and the fans cannot wait to see it. It has a remarkably huge international fan base, with more than 2.5 million viewers for the first season to a tremendous increase of 30 million viewers by the seventh season.
- Sacred Games- It is one of the most popular and appreciated Indian web series released on Netflix that is based on Vikram Chandra’s 2006 novel of the same name. The story deals with the life of a Police officer who receives a phone call from a gangster to save to the city of Mumbai in 25 days, the sequence of events that unfold afterward is brilliantly depicted in the series. Even though the language is raffish, it has received positive reviews and praise for acting, drama, and the script from critics.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S.- An American sitcom, that deals with the life of six friends in their 20s living in Manhattan, struggling to find ways for themselves is depicted ways that were modern in the 90s, the first season was premiered in September 1994 and the tenth and final season in May 2006. Over the ten years, the characters evolve and grow through to learn what it means to be a friend. They go through life’s ups and down and other various issues like relationships, love, sex, brotherhood, families etc. and finally make a way through winning huge fan following, appreciation and love from around the globe that its episodes are still watched by a vast audience.
- Suits – An American Legal Drama television series, that deals with the story of two talented men, who work together for a legal firm. One of them being a Lawyer and the other being a college drop-out, is mentored and groomed by this Lawyer. The series focuses on the relationships that are formed at the workplace, and the extent to which a man can go for the other. The corporate life requiring tireless efforts to keep the firm erect with hard work, dedication, the commitment has been acutely portrayed. The series’ first season was aired in June 2011 and is now in its 8th season entertaining and winning many fans over the time.
- Permanent Roommates – An Indian web series that revolves around the life of a couple, whose three-year long-distance relationship is now met with the prospects of Marriage. They decide to move in together under certain conditions; their consequent fall out, reconciliation and an unexpected premarital pregnancy that propagates their marriage and the series of complications that seeps in. It was first aired in October 2014 and then in 2016 and has over the time attracted a huge fan following.
- Sherlock- As the name suggests this British web series is based on the Sherlock Holmes detective stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It has been well received and critically praised for the direction, writing and performances in total. It has also been nominated for various awards like a Golden Globe, Emmys, and BAFTAs. Its New Year’s special episode was viewed by over 11.6 Million viewers with an average of 11.8 million viewers per series.
These are the Famous TV series that you shouldn’t miss and if you have been missing on these then, we hope this brief intro to the series will help you decide what series will interest and entertain you the most.