Looking for five best places to visit in Dalhousie?
Dalhousie was named after “The Earl of Dalhousie” who was the British governor general in India during the British raj after establishing this town. The town is an example of well-planned roads and one of the best architectures. The town has many beautiful places to visit and explore.
Here is a list of five best places to visit in Dalhousie:
- Khajjiar is a hill-station located in Chamba district, Himachal Pradesh. It is approx. 24kms from Dalhousie.
- It is also known as “Mini Switzerland” of India. It is covered with meadows and dense forests.
Must Read: Best places to visit in Dharamshala
- Khajjiar is among the 160 locations in the world that resembles Switzerland. Some of the interesting places to visit in Khajjiar are Khajjiar Lake, Khajji Nag Temple, Kalatop Khajjiar Sanctuary.
- The story behind this Baoli is that a well-known freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose was hiding at this place to avoid being arrested from the British. A Baoli in English is a well.
- The Baoli has spring water which is fresher than the boiled water. It is a nice historic place to visit; the scenic beauty from the top is astonishing.
- The Dainkund peak is famous for its blissful peace, natural beauty and amazing views. It is the highest peak in the Dalhousie region.
- This is a great place to experience the trek and it provides a 360-degree view of the complete valley.
- At the top of the Dainkund trek, there is a Pholani Devi temple, which is very famous and devotees visit it to see the blessings of the goddess.
Gandhi Chowk Plaza
- Gandhi Chowk Plaza is the main market which is 15 minutes away from Central Bus Station, Dalhousie.
- The best time to visit this place is in the evening. You can find multiple shops, food items and handicrafts.
- A must visit is the Indo-Tibetan market, a little further from the main market which is like a tunnel but you can get the best street fashion dresses and everything at very reasonable prices.
- Chamera is an artificial lake which is surrounded by green grass and a beautiful valley.
- The Lake can be reached easily from Dalhousie, Chamba which is 25kms and 40kms away.
- This lake is the major source of water supply for the villagers.
For more details on five best places to visit in Dalhousie and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.