Do you know about these five best places to visit in Mussoorie?
A calm and splendid hill station, Mussoorie, is popularly known as the Queen of Hills. It is situated at an altitude of 6, 170 ft, at the foothills of Himalayan Mountain Range in the ’Dev Bhoomi’ Uttaranchal. It is easily accessible throughout the year (except for the rare cases of a heavy snowfall or landslide). The hill station is situated at a distance of about 35 km from the Dehradun city, the capital of Uttarakhand state and about 280 km from New Delhi, India.
Must Read: Best Places for Paragliding in India
It is believed to have gained its name from the ‘Mansoor’ plant that is indigenous to the place. It was founded by a British Lieutenant, Lt Frederick Young. He had visited the hills for shooting and he was so mesmerized by the enchanting charm and beauty of the place that he wanted it to make a shooting lodge there in 1823. Since then this place is greatly admired and visited by a huge number of visitors all-round the year.
Here are the five best places to visit in Mussoorie:
- Kempty Falls: The place got its name from the ‘Camp tea’ which was used and was quite popular among the British officials during the colonial rule in India. It is a waterfall, which has been extended at the bottom, like a pool for the water to collect and for the people to take a dip. The surroundings are covered with various stalls and shacks to provide for snacks and other traditional stuff to the tourists.
- Mossy falls: If you are one of those who likes to walk away from the crowds and enjoy the serenity of gallant hills and a natural waterfall, then this place is for you. You can trek to this place or travel by other means to an extent as this is situated at an alienated forest area approximately 7 km from Mussoorie. It is a must visit for you if you are a nature and adventure enthusiast.
- Benog Wildlife Century: Located at a distance of approximately 11kms from Mussoorie, this place is meant for those that seek tranquility in the arms of nature and the sight of a rare bird is a delightful experience for them to cherish. There are chances you might spot a rare wild animal like Leopard or Panther here.
- Gun Hill: When you are amidst the hills the most that you can ask for is a phenomenal view from the top of the hills. Reaching the Gun Hill through a cable car provides you with that mind-blowing experience. It is a short but enjoyable ride that takes you to the top of the hills. There you can enjoy the panoramic view of the hills and the town and have a gala time with family and friends.
- Lal Tibba: This is the highest peak of Mussoorie, that can give you a breathtaking look at the Himalayan Range. There has also been installed a Japanese telescope that makes the view of the mountains more vivid and pristine. This place is one of the most visited places of Mussoorie.
So next time you plan your visit to Mussoorie, make sure you do not miss on these spell bounding locations. For more details on five best places to visit in Mussoorie and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.