Here are the five best places to visit in Rajasthan.
Rajasthan is one of the most popular and must visit places in India. The diverse culture and tradition of the state will leave you dumbfounded and stark eyed and wanting for more. Let’s take a look at the five best places to visit in Rajasthan.
- The Pink City ‘Jaipur’ is the largest city in Rajasthan.
- Planned as per Vedic Vastu Shastra, a well planned and artistic city, Jaipur boasts of forts and monuments. Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort and Chokhi Dhani are the most popular tourist places of Jaipur.
- It is also famous for different forms of arts, handicrafts, gems and jewellery.
Must read: Jaipur Literature Festival
- The princely state, Udaipur is the city of lakes and also referred to as the ‘Venice of East’ owing to its surreal beauty.
- The city’s location at the foothills of the Aravalli paired with the number of lakes and rivers that flow through it make the city a real piece of art.
- City Palace, Jagdish temple, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Jag Mandir, Lake Pichola, Taj Lake Palace, Bagore Ki Haveli, Ambrai Ghat, Vintage and Classic Car Museum and Ekling Ji Temple are some of the most popular places of Udaipur.
- With some palaces converting into luxury hotels, Udaipur has emerged as a preferred destination for theme weddings.
- A city that has seen more than its fair share of wars, Bikaner has emerged victorious through all of them.
- Known for its cuisine, heritage, handicrafts and history, Bikaner sparkles the brightest in the vast deserts of Rajasthan.
- Intricately carved windowpanes called jharokhas found in the city of Bikaner are one of its kind. Authentic Rajasthani cuisines, a wide variety of platters and meals make it a must go for foodies.
- Getting its name from the golden sands of the Thar Desert, the golden coloured sandstone is used in the city’s architecture.
- When the Sun shines on the city, it glows brighter than 24Kt gold.
- Built as a walled city, the Jaisalmer Fort, Mandir Palace, Nathmal Ji Ki Haveli, Patwon Ki Haveli, Salim Singh Ki Haveli are some of the must visit places of Jaisalmer.
- Jodhpur is the crown jewel of Rajasthan, famous for its Forts and Palaces.
- Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Mandore Gardens, Kaylana Lake, Chamunda Mata Temple are the must visit places.
There are many more places apart from the above five best places to visit in Rajasthan.