Five Most Popular Hanuman Temples In India – Lord Hanuman is believed to be a reincarnation of Lord Shiva and an ardent devotee of Lord Rama. Son of Anjana and Kesari, he is known by many names such as Maruti, Bajrangbali, Pawansut, Anjaniputra amongst others.
There are many temples of Lord Hanuman across the country; the following are five most popular Hanuman temples In India:
1. MehandipurBalaji temple
- Located in Dausa, Rajasthan, this temple is famous for ritualistic healing and exorcism of evil spirits, black magic or spells.
- Methods like Arji, Sawamani and Darkhast are followed to distress a person being troubled by evil spirits.
- If you dare, you can even witness exorcism.
2. Salasar Hanuman Temple
- Located in Salasar, Rajasthan, the temple is considered a Shakti Sthal.
- Large fairs are organized here on Chaitra Purnima and Ashwin Purnima
- The Salasar Balaji idol is unique because unlike other Hanuman idols has a round face with moustache and beard.
3. Sankatmochan Temple, Banaras
- Located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, this temple was established by Saint Shri Goswami Tulsidas Ji.
- Situated on the banks of PouranicAssiriver, the idol of Hanuman Ji faces his Lord, Rama.
- The temple hosts a classical music and dance concert festival titled “SankatMochanSangeetSamaroh” every year in April.
4. Hanuman temple in CP Delhi
- One of the oldest temples in Delhi, it was reconstructed by Maharaja Jai Singh in 1724.
- Continuous chanting of the mantra ‘Sri Ram, Jai Ram, Jai Ram’ in the temple since August 1, 1964has made its entry into the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The temple houses a huge idol of Lord Hanuman in the child form, Bal Hanuman facing south.
- The most interesting feature of this temple is that unlike all the other Hindu temples which have Om or Sun sign above the spire (vimana) this temple has a crescent moon symbol (an Islamic symbol).
5. Bade Hanuman Temple, Allahabad
- Situated at SangamKshetra of Prayag, the temple derives its name because of the large size of Hanuman idol here.
- The 20 feet long and 8 feet wide idol shows Lord Hanuman in a reclining position.
- It is believed that the holy water of Ganges rises up to touch the feet of the idol.
For booking and know more about Five Most Popular Hanuman Temples In India click on enquire now button.
Recommended Reading: Exploring the heritage of Hanuman Mandir in Connaught Place Delhi