Flood Live updates – More than 350 people have been declared dead in India’s monsoon floods this year. A flood alert has also been announced in parts of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh. Here is live status of monsoon and floods in India.
Flood Live updates
Floods in Kerala
- In Kerala, till now at least 121 people have reportedly died because of heavy rains ensuing floods. More than 40 people are injured and 21 are still missing.
- About a million volunteers have enrolled for cleaning work in flood-affected villages in the northern districts of Kerala.
- In 2018, Kerala was hit by heavy floods with over 400 people dead. The state was still recovering from last year’s calamity and the calamity struck again this time.
- Once again, Karnataka is dealing with the destruction caused by monsoon rains.
- The number of human death has reached 76. A large number of people have been shifted to relief camps and the bigger challenge now is rehabilitation.
Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand
- Moderate-to-heavy rainfall is expected at many places in Himachal Pradesh in the next 24 hours.
- Over 500 people were rescued in several parts of the state as many roads are blocked due to floods. More than 30 people are dead and 12 are injured.
- Till now, Himachal has suffered a total loss of Rs490 crores.
- 10 people died in the state of Uttarkashi due to the cloudbursts.
Flood Live updates – Floods in Assam
- Heavy rains and waters from two rivers, the Brahmaputra and Barak, have destroyed 33 districts of the northeastern state.
- Over 90 people are declared dead. The Brahmaputra River has flooded 2,168 villages and 95 camps are also submerged.
- A large number of rhinos, deer, and elephants are stuck in the sanctuary.
Rains in Maharashtra
- The death rate in the state has hit 50. 34 deaths are from the districts of Sangli and Kolhapur.
- Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had earlier said that the state will seek the aid of Rs.6, 813 crores from the center for flood relief.
- He also announced waiver of loans and construction of new houses for affected people.
Flood Live updates
Rains in Punjab and Haryana
- Authorities have sounded a high alert in the states of Punjab and Haryana due to constant rains.
- Chief Minister Amarinder Singh announced Rs.100 crore in aid for emergency relief and rehabilitation measures.
- The Delhi government announced flood alert as Yamuna’s water rises above the danger mark.
- Over 10,000 people have been rescued. On Sunday, Haryana released a record 8.28 lakh cusecs water in the Yamuna.
Floods in Andhra Pradesh
- More than 8,000 people have been moved to 56 relief camps due to heavy flow of floodwater from the Krishna basin. The state is currently on high alert.
- The situation worsened on Aug. 15, after 8 lakh cusecs of water were released from the Prakasam Barrage.