Happy Engineers day 2020! Want to know why engineer’s day is celebrated? Who was Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya? Need quotes on happy engineer’s day 2020 or happy engineer’s day 2020 images? We have got everything right here for you.
Engineer’s Day (Engineer Day) in India is observed on the 15th of September every year. This day in India is celebrated on the birth anniversary of the great Indian engineer, Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya. On this day, people around the country, except Telengana, pay tribute to the Bharat Ratna, Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, who is also popularly known as Sir MV. In Telangana, the Engineer’s Day is celebrated on the 11th of July, which is the birth anniversary of Ali Nawaz Jung Bahadur.
Must Read: Engineers Day Quotes Images Status
Happy Engineers day 2020!
What is the purpose of celebrating Engineers Day in India? What is engineers day significance in India?
The biggest objective of celebrating Engineer’s Day is to recognize and appreciate the work and contribution of engineers. Engineers are creators and innovators. With their creative contributions, they play a very important role in making the country prosperous and developed. The day also
inspires students of India to showcase their talent in this field.
Do you know who was Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya or Sir MV?
- Bharat Ratna, Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya was an esteemed engineer and politician who was instrumental in the creation of modern India.
- He received the Bharat Ratna award in 1955 for his contribution to the making of India.
- Sir MV was born on 15 September, 1861 in a Telugu family in Chikkaballapur taluk of Kolar district, Mysore.
- He topped the BA examination in 1881 after which he joined the Science College in Poona for the study of engineering, with the help of the Government of Mysore.
- He marked the first place in the 1883 LCE and FCE exams, following which the Maharashtra government appointed him to the post of assistant engineer in Nashik.
- Sir Visvesvaraya was one of the greatest engineers of India, who contributed greatly in making the orthodox India a modern India.
- Mokshgundam Visvesvaraya was famous not only in India but in the entire world. This is the reason why his birthday in India is celebrated as the Engineer’s Day.
Also Read: Videos to celebrate Engineers Day in India
Happy Engineers day 2020!
Work and Achievements of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
- Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya supplied water from the Indus River to the Sukkur village.
- He created the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam, the Bhadravati Iron and Steel Works, the Mysore Sandal Isle and Soap Factory, the University of Mysore, and the Bank of Mysore.
- Sir MV also made a great contribution in building the city of Hyderabad, after which he became known as a great engineer all over India.
- He played a very crucial role in the road construction plan between Tirumala and Tirupati.
- In 1909, he served as the Chief Engineer of Mysore.
- In the year 1995, Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya was awarded with the Bharat Ratna.
- Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya was also conferred with the title of British Indian Empire by King George V.
Visvesvaraya passed away on 12 April 1962, leaving the country to look forward to rising the upcoming engineers. It is in his remembrance that the country celebrates the Engineer’s Day today.
Recommended Reading: Today in History India 15 September