Have you ever thought that ADHD signs can differ in a girl child? Researchers direct our attention to this rising concern. According to research analysis, girls exhibit an affinity towards inattentive ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). When ADHD goes undiagnosed, it can give rise to consequences that might prevail long-term.
Thrice is the number of reported childhood ADHD cases in boys as compared to their female counterparts. However, when we talk about males and females in their adulthood, the ratio turns out to be more or less equal. This signifies that ADHD cases are likely to go unnoticed and unreported among girls in their childhood.
Must Read: Does caffeine intake help you lose weight?
Symptoms that state that ADHD signs can differ in a girl child:
It is a pre-requisite to understand that not all the girl child suffering from ADHD shall exhibit few or all of the underlying signs. In case, a girl child around you shows one or more of these symptoms, it is time to guide her parents to a doctor.
- They tend to be easily distracted. When this happens, it becomes quite difficult for them to maintain a steady focus on one thing.
- Mood swings or shifting their attention from one activity to other activity. As this cycle goes repetitive, they are unable to finish off all the activities they make a switch to. This may overlap with the first symptom mentioned above.
- They tend to be more forgetful about things that are not associated with them.
- Another major sign to watch out is whether the girl gets lost in her world or not. This is a form of daydreaming. Once she enters her own world, she loses her focus on things that tend to be more critical.
- Look out whether the child takes a lot of time to figure out information and directions. This may appear as if she is not attentive towards you.
- If she has a lot of stuff to tell you but rarely listens to you patiently, she might be suffering from ADHD symptom.
- Hyperactivity or over-exaggeration of emotional responses, getting easily upset, high sensitivity, and lack of motivation are some of the other notable symptoms.
Must Read: Healthy and delicious food for Adults
If you notice the frequent occurrences of any of these symptoms mentioned above, it is advised to seek immediate medical assistance.
For more articles like ‘Are you aware that ADHD signs can differ in a girl child’, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.